ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

idling low / cut out when engine is warm

182FF Cup / Renault 5 GT
hi everyone. just had a cambelt, aux belt, waterpump (since they were in there) and a full service all with renault parts.. now im prob just hit an unlucky spell and this isnt anything to do with all the work just carried out.

Car starts and runs fine soon as the engine is warmed up and i come to a stop in traffic the revs rather die down to 500/400 or cut out all together. did it when on my way home from work tonight for the first time.

So ive just been back down to where i work and had the inlet and TB off given the TB a good clean out and refitted everything started lovely and ran perfect. nice idle at 1k dead on.

Get half way home engine is at normal temp and then car then idles at a low 400/500 revs. Improvement since i cleaned TB since i cant recall it cutting out at all on way home.

Any ideas what else could be causing this? im thinking possible could be a ICV but dont know alot about the clio so thought i would ask here.

Cheers Dave

could be a number of things TDC sensor map sensor alos could be a failing throttle body

best get the car on dignostics se what the readings are