ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idling problem Mk1

Fiesta ST
After having my engine repaired after cambelt snapped the garage said something else had gone at the same time, something to do with the idle control? i see where he means, just under the air filter on the drivers side where the throttle cable goes, theres a pic below. He said he put a bit of rubber tubing as a temporary fix. Now I have to give it a bit of gas for it to start and then it doesnt idle properly (at between 600-800rpm instead of about 1200rpm) until the engine has warmed up. I've tried adding more tubing myself which makes it idle better when its cold, but havent managed to get anything to stay securely.

So what I'm asking is, does anyone know what part i need to get replaced? also would it be hard to replace myself as im on a budget? also if anyone knows what the proper name for the 'metal thing' in my picture is then let me know :eek:

Thanks!

Photo-0005.gif

lol so they have basically prevented the throttle plate closing fully, bodgtastic.

but your fundamaental problem is a dodgy icv or vacuum leak somewhere.