ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If money was no object.........

F1, but id have to have alot of money to spend that much on a car. Failing that, a Zonda, failing that, a 360, failing that, a tuscan s, failing that, a mitsi evo 8, failing that a clio cup:)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Any of the above cars would be fine, but a chauffeur to take me to track days (car on trailer) would be nice :p

There will be a vanquish on the drive soon...shame it wont be mine :(

Id have to go for the Zonda S, it looks and sounds amazing and from what ive heard its quite useable and has a good chassis. I guess id get a mac too but ive heard it doesnt handle that well so id take the zonda in preference.

Id also love an WRC car! Ill take the Xsara as its the best tarmac car and i also think the coupe shape makes it look the best :D

Mintest Williams I could find.

Clio Maxi full rally spec and livery.

EB110

Bently Coupe

Would have Vanquish but couldnt be dealing with that gear change.

You get used to it and start to enjoy it, car testers dont spend enough time to appreciate the versatility of it. Our M3 has an SMG 2 gearbox which was at first annoying but then having an auto when you cant be arsed is useful and the down changes are so satisfying!! If your that bothered though get aston to do you another gearbox, money no object remember!

I think id have to be paid to drive one of those bentleys

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

M3 EVO (E30)
RS200
Audi Avus Concept
Merc 300sl (Sultan Spec)
Dauer 962
Renault Espace F1
Renault 5 Turbo 1
Mclaren F1 GTR-LM
Diablo Jota
Think Thats all

oh and an X5 Lm for daily use

lol, i saw the espace at goodwood, mad, and the driver even madder, properly went for it!

Not sure why people are putting up diablos, id only get one for the noise but the zonda and vanquish beat it at that too, wouldnt fancy all the small dick jokes either!!

I know an ex-jota spec (not one of the genuine 12 but modifiedt o same spec)owner, they had 600bhp and actually werent road legal, so many reside in collections. They still handled like dogs and there wasnt even a rear view mirror as you couldnt see out the back at all!

Cant say ive seen any zondas yet

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yeah i know the one you mean

a true jota is black

some of the "other" jotas are modded Diablo SEs (themselves rare beasts)

When my dad had an alfa we went to italian meets, one time a bloke brought a jota and had an arguement with someone who was saying it was a fake!

Id prefer a top secret skyline myself

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 22 January 2003

No!! Dont get a 550, i dont count that as a ferrari, it should be the new toyota supra, hate them

i wouldnt go that far

575ms are sh*t not 550s

Im not really talking about the handling, though they are far too heavy for a 2 seater sports car. My car sounds just as good and whats that scoop on the bonnet for, its horrid. I think the 355 is my fave, closely followed by an F40 and the Dino.

Yeah the ugly max power one built with a crap Qvale chassis, an overused and lazy ford V8, a bad gearbox...i know im being negative but its going to be a hell of a job to make the production car any good. What porsche owner is going to get something as brash as that?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

965 bhp from 4.6 litres is lazy?

the nitrous part makes up very little of the output

its getting good press so it cant be that bad

lol you forgot to say in your opinion! I think you have got it all wrong about it... Did you go to the motor show and actually see it? Mate its a beast... the arodynamics are out of this world..... Its well tuned ford v8 nothing like the standard one.... Its a super car mate

Renault Clio Williams 1

Renault Clio Williams 2

Renault Clio Williams 3

Renault Clio V6

and another Williams to have that 800bhp Engine that Sheppard Racing have, installed into.....just for sheer menatlism.

Bill.

VW Potato

well i like the 550 - come on, its hardly a Cortina, is it? I know its not beautiful, but I like the shape, and it has my favourite layout - front engine, rear drive, gear-box at the back, Ferrari engine at the front. Thatll do me, ta. :)

g

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

New shape Clio V6 - for the track

New 900bhp+ MG - for fun

Zonda - for weekends

Vanquish - for work

BMW X5 - when you are going to park somewhere where you would rather not and for taking girlfriend back and forth to Uni.

OMG..... It has the things that was banned from F1 under the car so it has a high flow of air forcing it on the road....... I know its a little mad looking but thats coz its radical.. everyone has done the super cars like ferraris now its time to spet in the future instead of dreaming about 1970s sports cars that have not changed appearance that much.....

The production spec MG hasnt been tested yet so its not worth taking notice of any write ups. I read and watched tests on the qvalve mangusta, it got panned, the ford engine is a typical american V8, i dont like them, theyre not race car engines. The same gearbox was used in my dads old aston virage and it was awful. I was at the motorshow, the only people looking at them were under 30s and lets face it how many of them can afford it?

Scudetto, thats fair enough but only if its not a heavy car, and the 550 is.

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 22 January 2003

Yeah the ugly max power one built with a crap Qvale chassis, an overused and lazy ford V8, a bad gearbox...i know im being negative but its going to be a hell of a job to make the production car any good. What porsche owner is going to get something as brash as that?
ur been negative? really? seems ur negative about every car!? :eek: lol