ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If our balls are missing is it a fail?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
On the clios with xenons, if the washer balls are missing from the washer jets of the headlights is this a fail? I have one ball missing, and both dont squirt water any more, so they are either clogged, or not connected.

I have an MOT coming up and this is the only potential fail i can find.

If anyone has a spare ball, part # id be thankfulllllllllllllll:star:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
One of mine sprays all over the shot since a dog chewed it and its passed 2 MOT's fine.

Cupra
I dont know the part number but it is only a 15 minute job to replace them yourself and I dont think it cost more than a tenner for the part.

Never above 25mpg
How do they work? I haven't really been in my 172 to find how the washer jets for the xenons actually function... :p

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I thought i read on "here" that it was an MOT fail for xenons not to have washers. Glad thats cleared up now. Thankyou guys.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
maybe its a fail to have washers that DONT work?

I think you will find it depends how anal the guy doing your MOT is, offically by the book if you have them as standard and they are still fitted they probably should work but as per my car, only one of mine works properly as its passed fine twice. Just put your car through and see what happens, you have time afterwards to get a free re-test and fix it if needed anyway!

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
I think you will find it depends how anal the guy doing your MOT is, offically by the book if you have them as standard and they are still fitted they probably should work but as per my car, only one of mine works properly as its passed fine twice. Just put your car through and see what happens, you have time afterwards to get a free re-test and fix it if needed anyway!

no head lamp washers are not part of the test so if they are fitted and dont work then it will still pass.