ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If SEAT did Cup splitters...

...they'd look like this :)

Before:
2007-07-24pic3.gif

After:
2007-07-26Splitterpic2.gif

Not the best pic as I just finished fitting it and it's a bit dark. It's a Leon Cupra R front splitter modified to fit on the front of my Ibiza Cupra (just involved a little trimming of the splitter at the ends and a couple of slots in the bumper). Quite a common thing to do with Ibizas. Mind you I've only had the car 3 days and already changing things FFS...

I think it's got a similar effect that a Cup splitter has to RS Clios - a small bit of plastic but makes a huge difference to the appearance. And the best bit?It was only £20.71 from my local SEAT dealer!

Opinions?

Cheers
Ally

Cheers, I think they make it cheap because they know loads of Leon owners will more than likely rip theirs off accidentally sometime. At least then it's a cheap fix...

Yeah, I'd stuck a cup splitter on my FF 172 when I had it too - just makes a huge difference IMO.

Part no: 1ML 805 903
I think the official name for it is "Seat Leon Cupra R front lip"
I paid £17.63 + VAT, dealer said he always carries one in stock (again, Renault should take note)

It was the correct width for my Ibiza (i.e. I didn't have to chop it in the middle), but I had to cut approx 4cm off each end as it was long enough to touch the tyres. Really easy job though.

I'll try and get some daylight pics tonight if I get a chance - that pic above isn't the clearest.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Alot of people put them on Glanzas. I was very tempted. Looks quality rather than a stuck on random splitter.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
yup thats y i got one on my 182

Is it just a case of chopping the edges to stop it fouling the tyres on the 182, or do you need to chop the middle to take some width out of it?

Sorry for the thread hijack....Looks cool on your ibiza!:cool:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Seafield didnt have 1 in stock but have ordered it no problem.

Phone was answered straight away, guy was helpful and polite and knew exactly what i was talking about with the proce off the top of his head. Was all very odd to me having only dealt with reno for years!!

ITB BG 182
Same as Ownes post if this splitter will fit a clio 182 easily with only having to chop off the ends slightly then respond now as my dealership has 4.. yes thats FOUR mr renault man you plick.

As soon as I get a new car everyone else wants one... *sigh*

Eh Kenny ;)

If you want a wee drive let me know, we need a meet

Ooh, very nice painted! Luckily mine matches in very well against the grey paint or else I'd be tempted to do mine...