ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you had £500...

Engles Mummy
...to spend on your sport, what would you spend it on?

I need some ideas as I got a bit of cash to spend on my car.

Air filter & Suspesion have already been done.

Cheers, Adam

save another 300 and get soem H&R coilovers..

but you say your suspension has been done.. so get a trackday or two in ;)

maybe some beter brakes?

Golf GTI 1.8T
holidays are too short lived imo.

his suspension is awesome Guy so thats a no no. brakes are a good idea with the speeds you do adam!

A Fast One!
kullycliosport said:
^^^^^:race: agree

depends what exhaust your looking at though as some of them are about £500 notes on their own!

thats about what i have to spend as well at the moment and an exhaust is top of my list :approve:

Alex

A Fast One!
GuyS said:
for 500 quid??

from whom?

well its £200 for a 182 manifold but your gonna need a 182 cat as well.... dunno how much that would be so i wouldnt have thought you would get a remap in that £500 as well because of fitting costs

Alex

Spykee said:
well its £200 for a 182 manifold but your gonna need a 182 cat as well.... dunno how much that would be so i wouldnt have thought you would get a remap in that £500 as well because of fitting costs

Alex

hes on about inlet manifold mate, port matching
just over £200 from GDI.

but where can you get full custom ECU remapping from for under 300 quid?!

aint a clue mate.. but i THINK from what ive read its a fair bit of work to get it to mate up with the 172 system??

A Fast One!
GuyS said:
aint a clue mate.. but i THINK from what ive read its a fair bit of work to get it to mate up with the 172 system??

well the fitting of the manifold isnt a problem as one of my best mates is a mechanic and has said he will do it for me. its a pain in the ass as you have to drop the subframe out of the car but i took it for him to look at this evening and he has said it shouldnt be too much of a problem :cool:

Alex

Clio 172
Depends who you know;)...and what you have done. The place doesn't like advertising it's prices so I can't say. But can be done for £350 from most places I believe and the match doesn't have to be done by BenR. K-Tec do it for £130+vat

A Fast One!
clio-lane said:
Depends who you know;)

thats useful for a forum open to the general public, this guy wants to know what he can spend his money on realistically! :rolleyes:

Alex

well obviously. you could get a clio brand new for free if you knew the right people.

but all im asking for is somewhere that does remaps as cheap as you say they do..

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
You can get a ported inlet and a modified ecu from hillpower for just under £500 its about £200 for the inlet and about £280 for the remap

heard someone mention nick hill remapping before.. is this a full proper live rolling road remap?

or just them loading up another 'general' one.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
GuyS said:
heard someone mention nick hill remapping before.. is this a full proper live rolling road remap?

or just them loading up another 'general' one.
Yep its a proper one,i had a before and after power run

matty w said:
Yep its a proper one,i had a before and after power run

if it is a full custom one then thats a good price.
will take a good few hours straight on the rollers..

A Fast One!
Fred2001Dynamic said:
spend it on cheap women, at least you'll have something to remember it by (sti - oh joy!)

mushrooms on yer wang aint a good look though when your trying for your next pipe laying conquest tho!

Alex

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Spykee said:
well the fitting of the manifold isnt a problem as one of my best mates is a mechanic and has said he will do it for me. its a pain in the ass as you have to drop the subframe out of the car but i took it for him to look at this evening and he has said it shouldnt be too much of a problem :cool:

Alex
do you know if the 182 manifold and cat on a 172 will line back up with the middle section of the 172?

A Fast One!
matty w said:
do you know if the 182 manifold and cat on a 172 will line back up with the middle section of the 172?

im not entirely sure mate im still looking into it but i do know that you will need to replace the manifold and the cat for a 182 one as the manifold is longer......

im going to post for some pics underneath of both cars to see what the flanges are like etc..

Alex