ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you had to put a bike in a 1*2...

6/468 17poo
Would you get a cycle rack or take the seats out and put the mtb in with no wheels on?does it actually fit?

Ryan

80MPG BEEZA
tie a piece of rope to your rear tow eye and drag it along so its as far away from scrathing your car as possible :)

Clio 182 FF
Well it should fit if you took the wheels off, we used to get an export mini in the back of our 106!!

Clio 172 mk2
Parcel shelf off, seats down, wheels off and it fits fine

Always keep a large rug in the back of my car to catch all the mud

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Lay parcell shelf behind the front seats, drop headrests down. I tuck an old single bed sheet over the top and then under the headrest then lay the seats forward so it drags the sheet with it. Both wheels off, put the bikes in forks first and job done.

I can get 2x freeride full suspension bikes, 4x wheels in bags, 2x bags full of kit and tools and lunch in no problem. I'd reckomend laying another sheet or something inbetween the frames though. Do it every other sunday

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'd imagine you can if you either put the front passenger seat as horizontal as possible or as far forward as possible. Might be better taking the front wheel off. Not entirely sure how similar size they are but saw a guy fit a MTB in the back of 02 Civic Type R the other day.

You can fit a lot depending on shape. I had 3/4 big ikea tables and storage stuff etc in my car with 2 passengers and a sub. Spent 20mins getting it in mind.

I can just about fit mine in by only taking the front wheel off, easier with both though.

BMW 320d SE
I do the same as GTVLEW - Renault Bars and Thule Rack (although my Thule Rack is a bit different). Whilst on the subject, I do find that the Renault Bars do leave slight marks on the roof, even after cleaning the roof thoroughly before attaching the bars.

Clio 172 mk2
Have to remove headrests as well, taken mine off permanently now as I carry my bike in the car so often

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i got 3 bikes and 3 people in mine one 26 inch and 2 20 inch front wheels off 26 and 20 upside down with both rear wheels at the rear of front seats bars turned round and both wheels off 20 inch put where ever they fit lol

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
and id never use a bike rack ever they scare me seen to many f**k up and damage done to the cars to even consider one. plus having a stripped interior helps alot.

Combo
put the seats down and parcel shelf off (as mentioned) and depending on what bike you have will depend how many wheels you need to take off. i have an orange hitman 16" frame so relitivly small and i can fit it in fine with loads of room left over with just the front wheel off. i might even be able to fit it in with both wheels on i just dont have the patience lol!

clio 182 black /gold
Here is how i carry my bike.
100_0632.jpg

100_0629.jpg

6/468 17poo
Cheers people, think ive been opted out of driving due to petrol costs, everyone else has a 1.2 lol

im well against bike racks tho if i drive ill bang it in the boot ;)

awesome response, cheers again,

Ryan

Megane 225+
Roof rack on mine

just got tired of messing up the boot every weekend

I stuck some squares of black sign vinyl where the rack fits to protect the paintwork

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Slightly off topic, but worth bearing in mind anyway:

If you ever do the coast to coast, don't put 11 people's kit (tents, clothes, food, etc) in the back of your clio. F**ks rear wheel bearings like you wouldn't believe... ;)