ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you have a Trophy, you're lucky!!!...

If the RS MK3 is rubbish (which I think won't be) the Trophy might worth next year more than those £15K

Chocolate Bar™
i translated it into english:

if the mk3 RS clio is rubbish (which i doubt it will be) the trophy might appreciate in its respective resale value, relative to its current price of 15k.

TDI tyre shreader
Its a limited edition i dont understand how it can be compared to cars like the iconic 205 gti and golf gti. its just a fancy 182 cup with expensive suspension!!

106 GTi
Jones said:
Its a limited edition i dont understand how it can be compared to cars like the iconic 205 gti and golf gti. its just a fancy 182 cup with expensive suspension!!

I dont think the limited edition factor has much to do with it - its more down to the fact there is a modern car that can feel as good to drive as hot hatches of yesterday compared to the majority of offerings we get today.

My cupped 182 replaced my 205 GTI and apart from lighter steering feel, ESP off the 182 is very alike to my old 205. So I would guess a Trophy should feel even more so.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I dont care what people think all i know is that when i get into mine and drive it i have a huge smile on my face.

Just because it is limited doesnt mean it cant be compared to the 205. Over the past 12 years most of the hot hatchs that have been built have been pretty tame in comparison to the 205, Renault are the only company that took the bull by its head and made a car that was fun to drive. The Trophy goes one better than the 172/182 in terms of the way it handles, and therefore the only car that can really be compared to the Trophy is the 205.

Oh and dont forget that Renault aslo made one of the best hot hatchs ever in the form of the Williams, that still today, drives like a true hot hatch of yester year.

Both cars are superb, but I will stick with the Trophy, mainly because it is newer and dare I say it more reliable. (DOH Now i have done it, Oh well might as well get the use out of my warranty)

U/R 200
SteveC047 said:
I dont care what people think all i know is that when i get into mine and drive it i have a huge smile on my face.

Just because it is limited doesnt mean it cant be compared to the 205. Over the past 12 years most of the hot hatchs that have been built have been pretty tame in comparison to the 205, Renault are the only company that took the bull by its head and made a car that was fun to drive. The Trophy goes one better than the 172/182 in terms of the way it handles, and therefore the only car that can really be compared to the Trophy is the 205.

Oh and dont forget that Renault aslo made one of the best hot hatchs ever in the form of the Williams, that still today, drives like a true hot hatch of yester year.

Both cars are superb, but I will stick with the Trophy, mainly because it is newer and dare I say it more reliable. (DOH Now i have done it, Oh well might as well get the use out of my warranty)

Twwwoooo shaaayyyy.

It is a nice car.