ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you won the lottery...

This is totally aimed at extreme clio enthusiasts and i dont want loads of "Id get an Aston Martin" replies.

Would you got for:

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup (Lightened and tuned to the extreme)

Renaultsport Clio 182 (Tuned)

Renaultsport Clio V6 255 (Stock)

I was thinking about this whilst browsing some literature Renaultsport sent me this morning. After looking at all their photos i realised that

The 182 and Cup are definetely fast clios, but then i started thinking about the V6. Its pretty big when you compare it to the others. Id hate to hit people whilst parking in it during the first month or so of ownership.

Of course its possible with that kind of money to buy all 3 AND and Aston Martin V12 Vanquish just to top it off as maybe a car for taking for a little cruise around cannes or something.

This is totally hypothetical by the way. Although i do have a feeling about the lottery tonight...

Ta, Andy

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup (Lightened and tuned to the extreme) never driven any of them lol, but this or the V6 for me, the vee purely for the looks, so mean and the cup just seems from what ive read and what people have said seems to be so much fun....any comments to englighten me as to whether or not im right would be appreciated.

Clio v6

I would buy a 182 . Love the way they hop, skip and jump around the track.

Am I allowed to buy my own track with the spare change?

182, GTR, C63

Think id keep the cup and tune it. Get a vee and tune it. Probably pay for a massive trackday for cliosport. Hmm and spend most of my change on cars.

Thatd be amazing. Get all the cliosport members out to a weekend of tracking somewhere in europe (not too hot on the good tracks that you can actually book). Now that would be good.

Ta, Andy

I suppose if you had won the lottery you could get someone to fabricate every single body panel for the clio in carbon fibre. I wonder how light you could make a cup...

Thatd be pretty nice.

Ta, Andy

williams and trophy

lol.......id stick a set of bodies on me williams, strip evrything out of it bar pedals steerin wheel n seat.....172/182/v6?? pah

I have my V6 255 turned into AWD and change the engine to a 750bhp twin turbo V8.

A Clio V8 750 turbo AWD sounds so much nicer.....lol

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by andy_leitch on 25 September 2004

Or you could drop in the Mercedes lump in the proposed "Chrysler ME Four Twelve" (Mid Engined Quad Turbo V12)

Ta, Andy

hell yeah, might be a bit of a squeeze though....lol

Simon.

182 for everyday blasting around - but Id send it off somewhere to be totally rebuilt so it doesnt rattle on every bump. Give it BMW build quality. But without adding any weight (hey, if moneys no object if could be done Im sure...). And new exhausts, I really cant take to the 182 wheelbarrow-handles.

And a tuned AWD V6 for the track - stripped, rollcage, the absolute daddy.

Or, how about the V6 running gear/engine/etc in a 16v bodyshell?

VaVa

As above, all three. All highly tuned. And Id have them taken to every Cliosport track day for everyone to have a thrash. Cos Im nice like that. Suppose I should buy a ticket first though!!

VaVa

lol..... Id keep one for the sheer comedy value. People who know your worth millions but see you driving round in a Clio. Would be quite funny!!!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Hmm, none of the above it would have to put another engine in the back of my Williams then put them both on throttle bodies and maybe a shot of nos to shake off pesky Lambos and Zondas! 400+ bhp/ton anyone....oh and Id buy some proper supercars to nip down the shops in!

mmmmm..depends what outfit I was wearing on the day. For example, Monday would be blue shirt and tie combo so would have to be a 182 in light blue with the stripes (to match the tie of course). Tuesday may be red/pink shirt day so an MKII V6 in flame red would be driven and then I would really have the dilema of choosing what colour shirt on Wednesday to go with my Inferno 225.

On second thoughts, bollox to it..... ill just take the DB9 every day :)

Ford Fiesta

seriously Id keep my car, get a small plane too, would love to sort out a pilots licence.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Id love to strip my cup out, put another 172 engine in the rear of the car (to drive the rear wheels) link the two gearboxes together and the fettle the engines to produce maximum bhp. Imagine that bugger on the drag strip leaving most for dust...mmmmmmmmm

I quite like the idea of the V6 Megane that they are planning on racing next year...that would be decent in the right trim (ie next to nothing!!!)

RS6

Ultima with a whopping V8

Radical

XC90

Noble GT0 3R

Cat R400

.... That would do me, with lots left to spend & Id donate the clio to a worthy boy racer.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 25 September 2004lmfao!like id drive a fookin Reno Clio 172 if i won the lottery!!bollox to that

Agree with that!

If money was no object and you wanted a top bollock track car, youd hardly use a front wheel drive hatch as a base.

Having said that, if I won £10m, Im sure I could find a space in the collection for a nice blue Vee. They look ace.

Quote: Originally posted by davyboy on 25 September 2004

Whats the crack with AWD or 4WD?

Leave them to the boys who cant drive for toffee!

Proper drivers have 2WD!

2WD, is that FWD or RWD??? lol ;)

Id rather have AWD with 40% to the front and 60% to the rear myself..... if I have 750bhp on tap....:D

Simon.

Volvo S60 T5

I would have to get a V6 for me:)

Only reason I dont own one now is that I wouldnt sleep at night as I would have to park it on the street at night:(

So winning the lottery would mean a big house with a garage:)

Think I best check tonights ticket!