ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignition leads 182?

immaculate clio 172
Hi all
Just looking through my history and it seems previous owner fitted new ignition leads to my 2005 clio 182 about 18 months ago, they are cheapy £20 europarts leads
Would people advise I change them to decent ones? If so any suggestions or links to replacements
Car seems to run and drive fine but im a fussy bugger and hate cheap parts on my cars!
Also do I need a new inlet manifold gasket if remove the inlet or can it be re used etc

Thanks

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Yes get the renault ones mate,i had the cheapy ones,looks like the ecp ones are made from cheese

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
yep what i had on lol,get renault ones mate,give renault wolverhampton a ring.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i would get a new gasket mate ask for steve at renault wolverhampton parts quote cliosport,i think the leads were around 45-46 quid.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If they work then why replace them, is the car misfiring or something??

It's not like it's turbo'd and needs a particularly strong spark all the time.

Ex 182 owner
... its sometimes nice to refreash things before they break.
Even the youngest Mk2 is over 10 years old.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I fitted MLR Silicone ones on mine.

Came from the Matt Lewis Racing site for about £24

immaculate clio 172
Sounds like I might aswell leave them alone then !
Just had a look on matt leeis site and they are indeed around £25
Confusing bit is he lists different leads for cup model cars to standards 172/182 etc
I always thought they all used same leads and coil ?

Ex 182 owner
There is a minor length difference between 172 and 182 I believe. I am not 100% why.

Magnecor at the other end of the budget scale for instance sell 172 or 182 leads with different part numbers