ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Illegal???

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
what do we think?

4285449245_2eee4dd17e_b.png

i am talking about the windscreen vinyls?...i am not interested in, "they look sh*t", "just take them off anyways" , "whats the point?"

just do we think these are illegal???

Skoda fabia Vrs
No. not in drivers main view.. thats my thoughts anyway

tfaffic police would prob still pull you though

Love your car, as mentioned before;)

Not sure about the vinyls but wouldnt think that they are not illegal as doesnt restrict drivers view, could be wrong!

I'd say so, seen someone pulled on a traffic cops programme test driving a car with similar stuff on the windscreen (though it was sales pish like "low mileage") guy got a £60 fine or something, no points.

Golf GTD Mk7
as said, I understand it that so long as it's not within the line of sight you're fine. Is that your car? looks nice mate. Which ITB's?

Skoda fabia Vrs
I'd say so, seen someone pulled on a traffic cops programme test driving a car with similar stuff on the windscreen (though it was sales pish like "low mileage") guy got a £60 fine or something, no points.

im sure i seen this on tv

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
If you drove the car like that round here in Hertfordshire you would be pulled over and dry fisted by the first Plod that spotted you.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
the car needs an mot before it hits the road again so will see what they say.
alot of replies very quickly, all with varying ideas of what is / is not illegal, hence my reason for asking, i also saw that traffic cops....

indeed it is my car, thanks for the kind words, jenvey itb's with custom build / fabrication and TDF loom and ECU

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Illegal,

Same as sunstrips, if the sunstrip is to low and the wiper goes over it then its illegal, but you could just shorten the wipers down a touch to make it legal.

But for those nah, 100% illegal i would though.

Qashcow
reading up on the stuff Bux posted, i think they cannot fail that on an MOT so therefore its legal seagul

Qashcow
Illegal,

Same as sunstrips, if the sunstrip is to lowe and the wiper goes over it then its illegal, but you could just shorten the wipers townd a touch to make it legal.

But for those nah, 100% illegal i would though.

but thats only in the drivers line of site as stated in an MOT. its perefctly legal for the sunstrip to be on the screen above the passenger side

new_pa7.jpg

e. a windscreen sticker or other obstruction encroaching more than 40mm

RB 182 cup
if that came in for a test with me i would fail it anything within the swept area of the windscreen over 40mm big is a fail

ibiza cupra
this cars mint mate, saw it in the fast car mag when it was in there, not sure if the graphics are legal or not but knowing the ol` bill it would just be an excuse to pull you and check you car over even if its not illegal.

RB 182 cup
but thats only in the drivers line of site as stated in an MOT. its perefctly legal for the sunstrip to be on the screen above the passenger side

new_pa7.jpg

anything within zone a cannot be over 10mm big blocking the view. anything other cannot be over 40mm big (within the swept area)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

new_pa7.jpg

But still its in the wiper's area, i doubt any Mot will pass it like that as its obstructs your view in roundabouts etc,

Qashcow
anything within zone a cannot be over 10mm big blocking the view. anything other cannot be over 40mm big (within the swept area)

im no NOT tester so not arguing by the way, but my interpretation of the rules says thats only the car in zone A, not the swept area?

reading up on the stuff Bux posted, i think they cannot fail that on an MOT so therefore its legal seagul

Bear in mind, that just because a car passes an MOT, doesn't mean it is always completely road legal.

Battery fixing is no longer part of the MOT test, but the police don't like loose batteries.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You'll get pulled. Rightfully, it's too much of an area to have an obstruction in.