ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Illiad blue V6 255 #248

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
Well my Twingo 133 is being picked up tomorrow so this is going to be pushed into the daily role until my 172 is recomissioned.

IMG_20201213_150345192.jpg

IMG_20201213_150448246.jpg

I bought the Vee last month via collecting cars, it already has a few modifications.

It sits quite low on KW Variant 3 suspension

IMG_20201213_150512109.jpg

Royal retrims steering wheel and Mégane F1 recaros

IMG_20201213_150426623.jpg

IMG_20201213_150436480.jpg

Janspeed manifolds, sports cars and a pipewerx exhaust. I'll be adding to these with a light flywheel, twin plate clutch and quaife diff next it has the engine out.

IMG_20201213_150358947.jpg

It needs a little attention, some gravel rash in the arches, a few little defects in the paint on the front etc so it'll be having a front end respray at some point and then PPF on the arches to avoid gravel rash and it's booked in with SWRP for a full Dinitrol treatment in March.

IMG_20201213_150454069.jpg

Phase 3 / Fiesta ST
I think I'd be dead if I had a 133 for a first car, with the super short gearbox they're a lot faster than you think they might be.
I'm sure it was a great daily though!

Definitely agree that first cars should be slow. My first was a Mk6 Fiesta ST, 2 litre petrol was a lot for a wee car that size and needless to say it didn't last long!

Well, the Twingo went today, it's off to be someone's first car!

Also had a call while doing the paperwork, SWRP have a cancellation, it's in for full Dinitrol at 9am on Thursday to be picked up Monday.
Would be interested to hear more about the full Dinitrol treatment, I assume you just mean a full under body protection sealant ?

My Clio is pretty solid underneath but undersealling is something I’ve been tempted to have a go at myself as rust Is my one paranoia with my Clio for some reason.

Thanks

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
saw this on collecting cars, you got it for a great price imho considering the spec and price of others i have seen recently. dream car right there.

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
I am really pleased with it and the price I paid! I wanted one I could drive and not devalue with a few miles. The phots on CC actually didn't do the car justice as it was slightly dirty when photographed. I was surprised how tidy it was when I picked it up, the condition was a credit to the previous owner Honsta.

Sounds great with the Janspeed cats and manifolds too.

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
Plot twist.

It's got rust in the common place in both rear arches where salt etc sits on the rails so they've had to abort.

Rang Scot at SG in a bit of a panic, he said it's absolutely nothing to worry about, would never ail an MOT like it and isn't that worrying and if it were his car he'd just do it when the belts are due in 2022. Well anyone that knows me knows that isn't really how I roll...

I've booked it in to have the welding done (Engine out), cambelt, a Quaife and a TTV flywheel at SG motorsport sometime in the spring. Scot has also sourced me a removeable perspex bulkhead that sits behind the seats so I gain a meaningful load space and some separation from the mechanical noise which is very wearing if you're driving all day as I found out on Tuesday, plus apparently the TTV flywheels are a bit clattery so I'll probably want some separation from that on long journeys.

rust1.jpg
rust2.jpg

Renault Clio 182
Good job, used to follow this car on honsta’s Instagram, it’s similar to my V6, same colour and mine has the Megane F1 blue seats too. Good luck with the welding, hear only good things about Scott and his work on V6’s so I’m sure you’re in good hands. It’s a bit of trek from the midlands but I’ll get mine down to him at some point. All the best, Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 172 cup
When I wrote my cup off back in about 2010ish I was looking at one of 3 cars. The list was an z3 m coupe, a v6 and a vx220t. Ended up buying a vx220t with the vxr turbo, full milltek, map. Such a bad choice. Couldn't live with it day to day and sold it after 1 winter. Prices of the other 2 rocketed afterwards and still massively regret that decision.

PH1 V6
Good job, used to follow this car on honsta’s Instagram, it’s similar to my V6, same colour and mine has the Megane F1 blue seats too. Good luck with the welding, hear only good things about Scott and his work on V6’s so I’m sure you’re in good hands. It’s a bit of trek from the midlands but I’ll get mine down to him at some point. All the best, Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well worth the journey.

I'm in sunny Derby and mine goes to him for everything.

Plot twist.

It's got rust in the common place in both rear arches where salt etc sits on the rails so they've had to abort.

Rang Scot at SG in a bit of a panic, he said it's absolutely nothing to worry about, would never ail an MOT like it and isn't that worrying and if it were his car he'd just do it when the belts are due in 2022. Well anyone that knows me knows that isn't really how I roll...

I've booked it in to have the welding done (Engine out), cambelt, a Quaife and a TTV flywheel at SG motorsport sometime in the spring. Scot has also sourced me a removeable perspex bulkhead that sits behind the seats so I gain a meaningful load space and some separation from the mechanical noise which is very wearing if you're driving all day as I found out on Tuesday, plus apparently the TTV flywheels are a bit clattery so I'll probably want some separation from that on long journeys.

View attachment 1511190View attachment 1511191
Absolutely nothing to worry about ? Leave it like that for two years? Erm, I’m not sure I agree with the guy who suggested that mate.

Didnt you check the underside of the car when purchasing? Hardly a credit to the previous owner if the car is rotten. Especially in places that are well known.

Personally, I’d be a mixture of devastated and angry if I had bought a car with rust like that.

im sure you will make sure it’s fixed 110% but still a shame to hear. Onwards and upwards!

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
Good luck seeing that while having a look at the underside.

They're small rust patches in a non structural area that are going to cost very little to fix, meh.

If you want to see rusty/knackered just wait 'til I update my Ph1 thread.

Good luck seeing that while having a look at the underside.

They're small rust patches in a non structural area that are going to cost very little to fix, meh.

If you want to see rusty/knackered just wait 'til I update my Ph1 thread.
Fair enough mate. I’m not familiar with the underside of a V6.

Sounds like it will be no trouble to resolve then 👍🏻

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
Had a chat with SWRP when I picked it up, they don't seem super concerned either just they can't weld the other side with the engine in!

Consoled myself with fitting a 55cm transit aerial to make it look like an RC car and to fit in with the Livery I'm thinking about...

IMG_20201221_151941963.jpg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Not pretty but 100% fixable and will be stronger when done so don't worry. It has taken 16 years to get to that point.

Clio with a body kit
Personally when I had my cars I had 100% faith and trust in Scot at sg. I travelled from Norfolk to his numerous times it was worth the travel for his expertise.
Enjoy the car! Looks great.

PH1 V6
Livery?

What're you planning?

I have history with the livery thing (y)

Attachments

• 074A2C2D-E5DF-43E7-8CBA-943921C7DF5A_1_201_a.jpeg
    074A2C2D-E5DF-43E7-8CBA-943921C7DF5A_1_201_a.jpeg
    747.6 KB · Views: 124
  V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
Thinking about it. Just simple white stripes down the flanks with 'GENDARMERIE' inset into them. The police ones have chevrons front/rear so I'm not sure I'd want to do that part which leaves me some artistic license.

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
Ahh, it's just one of those things. Karma for being a knob when I was younger no doubt.

Front end needs paint anyway so it's not going to be a major expense, it's just extremely annoying. Saw it while waiting for Autoglass who also brought the wrong screen, all in all an annoying day of Vee ownership.