ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Im an Idiot.

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
There. I said it first. :eek:

Came out to my car this afternoon and quite obviously covered in snow, I cleared a bit then got lazy and figured the wipers would do the rest.

Wipers got half way up the screen then stopped because of the snow.

Checked the fuse - Fine

Relay still clicking - Fine

Im assuming its the motor burnt out? How easy are these to change?

Again , Im an idiot :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
i see you have a megane VVT. theyre the later phase 2 cars which im sure have a diffrent wiper motor to the majority of the phase 2 coupes!

someone i know had theirs go on them last year and it took them forever to find a replacement. and it cost a lot when they did find one. think they had it repaired in the end

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
sorry mate, get yourself onto renaultonline.net and ask on there (its the old megane coupe owners club) someone is bound to be able to help you ;)

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Check the nuts holding the wipers on nr the scuttle panel are tight

I cant hear the motor running anyway but i'll check buddy cheers.

sorry mate, get yourself onto renaultonline.net and ask on there (its the old megane coupe owners club) someone is bound to be able to help you ;)

I was on the old coupe-club Jaff, I have the black coupe with black projectors? Iv tried to register but it gets declined but it must be cos i said the old club was better. oops.

Cheers for your help though, i appreciate it.

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Iv just checked the part number on mine to the ones for 1.4 and 1.6 hatchbacks and its the same part number? :S

7701 206 549

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
you from scotland? glasgow iirc?

you may be lucky with the part number then. because i know someone last year had a problem with the plugs. one had a grey one one had a black one one was really common and could be picked up for £10 at a scrappy the other was rare and £170 from reno. as far as i remember most of the late phase 2's had the hard to find one

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I let my missus start my car last night while I filled up the kettle with water, I walked out and the wipers were going like mad over the frozen screen...I literally screamed at her to turn them off and she was like :S

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I let my missus start my car last night while I filled up the kettle with water, I walked out and the wipers were going like mad over the frozen screen...I literally screamed at her to turn them off and she was like :S

Kettel!!!!

You fail harder than her

Fabia VRS Special Ed
not hot water haha!

tepid*

The kettle was used as a transportation device ONLY ;)

Last edited: