ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm an optimistic idiot.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah, it has illegal tyres, a broken spring and broken abs sensor. Given what I've paid in total for the car and parts its still a proper cheap car. Atm I won't drive it as a tyre is through to the cord so its pretty pointless it sitting there.

Put it this way, I've got that lot for less than the cost of 2 tyres.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Fixed the water leak into the boot.

33FB8C22-A76A-4A36-B559-389092C5B404.jpeg

And cleaned the interior, for 169,000 miles the inside of it's actually good, doesn't match the outside at all 😂 also removed the stereo since all it did was go on or off, nothing else at all.

F35C7628-587F-428C-BB2B-E1B7845D4913.jpeg

F8F65115-5771-4AF5-89C2-1949FEC7E9EF.jpeg

EC6BC7A9-EBAB-4DC7-89FF-7315B8AC024D.jpeg

AB0C1B24-01FA-41DF-9DCD-32FF108D4D4D.jpeg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That was grim

Efa. Might keep an eye out for one with a ruined interior and good bodywork, make a decent one out the 2.

But as I've not driven it bar the test drive I may not, might be s**t to drive 😂

Had a look underneath and it's nowhere near as bad as the bodywork, such a weird car.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Is that when he stopped giving a f**k about the exterior/last time it was washed?

Prob, as far as I know Keith crashed it and within weeks jay bought it and both of them never gave a flying f**k about it.
It was just used as a daily sh*t box

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I'm still shocked someone went to so much effort with them s**t alloys.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I did things to it tonight!

Well on the way to concours winner now.

Never seen a rear tyre like this on a fwd car.

2E6AF571-6C58-48CF-9C28-2DAE4203CFE0.jpeg

new wheels and lowering springs which are probably higher thanks to the olds ones being very broken.

5484F083-A196-4571-8123-9F5077488939.jpeg

639E2E99-A829-4C63-AB72-0FDA652C03B6.jpeg

A374B6B1-5BBA-432B-9781-C03667684E37.jpeg

And then breathed on the old wing which fell off and put the replacement on. I'll need to figure a way to secure the bottom of it as the sill is quite far from where it should be 😂😂

6DDE359F-A72A-4EA8-8A49-8EBDFA3B8EE5.jpeg

I know it's always going to be s**t but it's already doing what I bought it for. Came home from work feeling really s**t, choices were go to bed and sleep/hibernate/hide from depression or go and potter at this. I aimed to get it up in the air and took it from there so feeling much better than I would have if I'd just lay about feeling sorry for myself.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The rear tyres are fucked because your rear alignment is massively out, usually because the alignment bolts are seized.

You'll have a sound like a worn wheel bearing while driving and obviously you'll ruin the new tyres pretty quick.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ah right, I guess with it being too low thanks to the fucked springs that'll have exaggerated the camber?

I reckon I'll use it for 2-4 weeks so hopefully they'll last that long

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If they're rubbed the outside edge to f**k it's not camber it's got mega toe-in, which is common when the alignment is borked.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Na it's the inside. For some reason that photo is upside down!

Same problem, different bolts.

From my experience it's not something you can easily fix, even on a ramp it's perilously close to the fuel tank to be waving a gas axe around.
Basically you end up dropping the rear subframe and replacing all the rear arms.

If you're only gunna keep it a few weeks then ignore it, new tyres have gone on already so no worries.