ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm back!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hello. Couple of years ago I had a 182...

DSC00563.jpg

Then I lost my job so had to free up some money, and bought this god awful Punto GT for £700...

DSC00679.jpg

Then I remembered my dream to own an R5 GT Turbo, so when I found a decent one locally it just had to be done!

user2264_pic11935_1276861830.jpg

However the dream was kinda short lived as I realised these are just so old now, it was falling apart... I just didn't have the time/money/experience/tools to keep working on it. So I sold both the Punto and the 5 and got myself an Impreza...

e308f73f.jpg

Beast of a car, it really was. A healthy 305bhp... however on average I was getting around 12mpg and also paying £150 p/m on insurance, it was painful. Eventually, sadly, I had to get rid (last month) which allowed me to put some money in my savings at least. Been on the bus since! It's been fine tbh, but I realise how much I just love cars as a hobby, so I knew I had to get another. Noticed a few 172's around my price range, but a few 182's trickling down as well. Found one for sale just 2 miles from my house! Unfortunately no cup packs, needs a service and has quite high mileage but for £1,850 I'm happy with it...

Clio182.png

So yup, a round circle there, even the same colour lol. Plans are possibly Speedline 2118's, an uprated exhaust and air filter, carbon fibre lip, cup spoiler (or carbon fibre!? not sure if that would look good or not!?) and some coilovers. I had the Recaro's in my old 182 so might try and hunt some of those down again, they were lovely.

One more thing, crazy coincidence... my Cliosport subscription ends today! So maybe it's been exactly 3 years since I bought the last one, down to the very day (can't remember if I actually signed up a few days before or something) only annoying this the insurance seems exactly the same despite an extra 3 years NCB this time round, boo :dapprove:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The Punto a dog? I had one for three years back in 2001 and it was a peach, loved it to bits!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
It was a dog... but I had no job, so I kinda enjoyed fixing all the niggles.

It was only boosting right about a quarter of the time though, very annoying :(

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
gutted, mine was quicker straightline) than any of my five RS Clios

pimp mobile Zafira
Welcome back. Punto wasn't that bad apart from the colour scheme. Any plans for the new motor?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
£1850 from £14,000 7 years ago.

No one on this planet can say thats not good value, welcome back!

Thanks. Yes it's pretty crazy, I sold my other one for £5,500 just 2 years ago, feels like I missed out on the depreciation! :rasp:

350z, Subaru Legacy
The 5 looks great, but cars with bits falling off are just a pain. Whereabouts in Essex you based?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Actually I bought that R5 from Witham.

I'm in Southend. I think the main mistake was trying to make the R5 a daily driver... not really feasible.

350z, Subaru Legacy
I thought I recognised it!! Haha, I could probably drive my car everyday - but there's a speed-bump at work, *ahem* practical much.