ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Im coming back!

1.2 clio
hello everyone. i started off with a 1.2 and done a 172 cup conversion i ending up selling. i currently own a sundance 106 which is now up forsale. im going to view a mk2 ph1 which is what ive wanted for a while is there anything i should be looking for say rust spots ect any comments would be a big help cheers.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai, not as badly as mk1 clios, but my x plate has surface bubbles, check the sills also as if its been unsympathetically jacked over the years it can lead to rot on the jacking points and wherever some inconsiderate dote has jacked it.

watch for clunky or leaky gearboxes as well, get the revs up in 3rd and 5th in particular as they are popular dodgy gears, then let off and check it stays in gear. could just be a worn lower box mount or could be much worse!

aside from that look for service history, in particular proper full cambelt service recently with all idlers and tensioners done on main belt and aux belt system and drive a few, get a feel for them and you should be able to then tell from the response etc what a tired engine/drivetrain/ suspension setup feel like