ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Im fed up of my car squeeling.

Alright boys and girls,

Im fed up now with my cars belt squealing like a b**ch, cam belt and aux belt kit was done around 55k, i'm now approaching 75k,

For the last year in the cold my aux belt has been squealing like a b**ch. Im fed up of it now, Ive also got air con, But i dont think its that belt.

Ive tried some belt squeal spay but that's done f**k all,

Can i tension the belt myself (i know how to do it but its a bloody tight squeeze ive been told engine jacked out?), Or how much am i looking for a new belt to be fitted?

Ok so after a little look and search and from my mechanic telling me over the phone (rather do it myself if i can)

On the left side where the tensioner is i undo the torx bolt and use a spanner as a tensioner?

Its already fairly taught but its a fairly new belt so should be aright to tighten a bit?

Also is this possible on a 1.2 without taking jacking the engine out ?