ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm in BIG trouble! (Ecu?)

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
Hello guys,

Here is the deal, I just got my renaultsport 172 clio race ready for iceracing. Last thing was to install an RS tuner Ron98 map. So I do get the correct software and read both my cal and ecu files, and then I try and upload my new .cal map.

I get an Error message saying: Could not erase ECU calibration area.

After that I try and start the car and boom it goes straight to 4.5-5k RPM. I reset the car a few times but still it is at 5k.

I am not sure if it is the ecu problem or maybe (I hope) an idle control valve problem. I know I had a problem like that and it would spike up to 5k.

Should I just buy a new icv, recheck all the hoses and hope for the best, because my race is on saturday and sunday.

I also am not sure if I had these codes before my attempt to install new .cal or after it.

The codes are as follows: ECM N/A DF0022, DF0038 ECU/PCM processor error.

Could it be that I fried the ecu somehow? I see no way how that could happen because I have done it before on my other rs 172. And I had the latest software and all the correct files.

Please tell me that it is the darn valve and that this is a coincidence. And what the codes mean.

Thank you in advance!

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
I did right away. I thought you guys could be faster then Henk.