ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm new, be nice!! New Flamer!

172 Flamer
Hey!
Been looking on here for a while now while trying to sell my previous car and looking for a Clio Sport as a replacement.

Thoguht I'd show you all what I had before. It was a very clean example, I owned it for about 18 months and now, it was time for a change.

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_1293.jpg

I have now owned my 172 for 2 days and I am loving it. It is standard at the moment, but I do have a couple of plans for subtle modifications. I'm planning to go down the clean subtle route. There have been mixed views, some people have said it is an upgrade, others have said a downgrade. I think its a sidestep as they both have their fair share of good points.

DSC_1673.jpg

DSC_1674.jpg

DSC_1675.jpg

DSC_1672.jpg

She is due a good clean on saturday and I will get some more pics uploaded then.

Comments welcome. :)

Good choice, have you done a HPI check etc. on it though? The front bumper has been resprayed, could've been in an accident or just chipped and resprayed.

Also quite like that MR2, never thought I'd say that about one of those cars but that does look a good example!

172 Flamer
Hi, thanks for the comments on both cars.

The car is HPI clear, I had the guy to get the front bumper re-sprayed before I took it due to 2 small scufs, 1 on either side.
Good eye tho, I cant even see it that much in the flesh, let alone in the pics.

Im from Bridgend, South Wales.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the comments on both cars.

The car is HPI clear, I had the guy to get the front bumper re-sprayed before I took it due to 2 small scufs, 1 on either side.
Good eye tho, I cant even see it that much in the flesh, let alone in the pics.

Im from Bridgend, South Wales.
Ahh I see! Don't worry I couldn't tell by a colour mismatch, looks spot on :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The bumper has not got those stickers in the tiny recesses, which is why (i'm guessing) he spotted it.

Also .. the front wipers.

WTF lol

172 Flamer
Lol at the front wipers. The drivers side 1, the rubber had gone on it when I was out late last night, so popped into Tesco as it was doing my head in squeeking, just got the 1 incase they were s***, but it turned out to be quite good, so will be picking up another tommorow.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What did you think of the Mr2 mate? Have it long?

I'm a big fan. Flamer looks great as did the Mr2

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Hi,
I did the same as you, I went from an MR2 to a 182 and it's definately not a performance downgrade lol, some people are such posers!
If only they had put the 190 Celica engine in the MR2 that would have made a great little car epic!
I bet the novelty of having a boot and being able to carry
more than a backpack is nice!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome m8 - flamer colour always suits an RS Clio, imo. :)

Jain had an MR2 before the dogs**t MCS. Cracking car, though totally girly compared to it's previous model. All it was missing tbh, was probably an extra 20-30bhp as standard. Very agile and with a superb gearchange from what I recall.

Looks like you had the optional hard top as well? :)

D.

Civic Type S GT
Hello and welcome! Very nice motors pal, love the colour of the 172! Have you got plenty of things you want to do to it?

172 Flamer
By the way all, the name is Gareth, Gary is a running joke. LOL @ Pritchard:rasp:. Thanks all for the warm welcome, hopefully will get to meet some of you at some meets/shows in the future. Once again thanks for all your kind comments on both the motors.

I have got a couple of mods on the list ie. lowering, exhaust refurbing alloys, not sure of a colour scheme yet. Suggestions welcome. And thanks in advance.

172 Flamer
Alright nath! Ye I'm well happy with it at the moment! Just got some coilies so these will be going on this weekend, weather permitting!

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
I have seen you about in bridgend, i recognise the car/reg, i live in rhoose haha. nice to see a member pay straight up, Good on you and welcome to the forum.

172 Flamer
Thought I would give the Ktec coilovers a go. I know they're cheap, but they have had good reviews. Weather hasnt been too good, so no luck fitting them yet.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What reg is it? 51 plate? Trying to keep track of my old one!

Looking good.