ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm new to this sort of thing! :)

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
I'm 17, female and know bugger all about cars :D so i joined here because if i have any problems you people can help i suppose ;).
I have a 1.1L 16v extreme '09.
my car is completely standard,
my insurance is £1146 for the year is that any good? (i have no idea):S
:)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's a 1.2 16v hun. Green seats?

The extreme was a decent model. I loved mine.

To be fair you're only 17 and if that's your own insurance then it's pretty bang on. Insurance has went up a lot through the years.

Have you tried young driver insurance companies? I'm old i'm not sure how it works these days.

Take care in the car and slow down in the wet, please!

I'm guessing you passed your test?

Welcome by the way. :D

Fiesta ST-3
I'm 17, female and know bugger all about cars :D so i joined here because if i have any problems you people can help i suppose ;).
I have a 1.1L 16v extreme '09.
my car is completely standard,
my insurance is £1146 for the year is that any good? (i have no idea):S
:)

Hi Kyly welcome to the club. Car sounds good. Where in Carmarthenshire you at? Pembrokeshire here but was born in Carmarthen :p

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
It's a 1.2 16v hun. Green seats?

The extreme was a decent model. I loved mine.

To be fair you're only 17 and if that's your own insurance then it's pretty bang on. Insurance has went up a lot through the years.

Have you tried young driver insurance companies? I'm old i'm not sure how it works these days.

Take care in the car and slow down in the wet, please!

I'm guessing you passed your test?

Welcome by the way. :D
Thanks, well i thought it was a 1.1L :L and the seats are grey (i know f**k all about cars i must admit hence why im on here haha)
that is the only quote i have looked at to be honest i think i should research into other companies also.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Try to phone round insurance companies rather than using compare websites.

Try googling "young driver insurance" and see who comes up. Lift the phone to them.

I always had the cheapest quotes by phoning.

If you're the named main driver put your mum or dad as an additional driver. Can help bring the price down.

Maybe gwt your mum or dad to phone up as tge questions can be confusing.

Make sure if you're driving it the most that you're the named driver. You'll also increase your no claims quicker. :)

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Try to phone round insurance companies rather than using compare websites.

Try googling "young driver insurance" and see who comes up. Lift the phone to them.

I always had the cheapest quotes by phoning.

If you're the named main driver put your mum or dad as an additional driver. Can help bring the price down.

Maybe gwt your mum or dad to phone up as tge questions can be confusing.

Make sure if you're driving it the most that you're the named driver. You'll also increase your no claims quicker. :)
Thank you, it was £2400 on my own, but with my mother brings it down nearly £1000 and my dad also brings it down to £1146 but that is with admiral so i suppose i could find it cheaper somewhere else but i havent looked to be honest :).
admiral do a 10 month bonus thing where you get 1 years no claims after only 10 months, also my car is 2009 so i is reasonably new and im 17 so £1146 is cheaper than expected anyway, but prices these days are abit crazy, expecting a 17 year old to pay for all of that, most people in my school everything is getting paid for them and the only reason why i ghave this car is because my mother bought it brand new for cheap tax thinking it is about £30 but its more like £130 so she gave it to me "because im going to uni next year" and she is looking to buy a diesel. so not bad for me i suppose, only have to pay for insurance myself now :)

Fiesta ST-3
Thank you, it was £2400 on my own, but with my mother brings it down nearly £1000 and my dad also brings it down to £1146 but that is with admiral so i suppose i could find it cheaper somewhere else but i havent looked to be honest :).
admiral do a 10 month bonus thing where you get 1 years no claims after only 10 months, also my car is 2009 so i is reasonably new and im 17 so £1146 is cheaper than expected anyway, but prices these days are abit crazy, expecting a 17 year old to pay for all of that, most people in my school everything is getting paid for them and the only reason why i ghave this car is because my mother bought it brand new for cheap tax thinking it is about £30 but its more like £130 so she gave it to me "because im going to uni next year" and she is looking to buy a diesel. so not bad for me i suppose, only have to pay for insurance myself now :)

The problem with the admiral 1 yncb after 10 months is that your only insured for 10 months. That said I'm covered with Admiral and my premium dropped £300 the second year.

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
The problem with the admiral 1 yncb after 10 months is that your only insured for 10 months. That said I'm covered with Admiral and my premium dropped £300 the second year.

oh right :) i think i need to use up my minutes on thoes companies :L and see who is the best quote

07 Campus Sport 1.2
WOW, thats amazing :L
any years no claims? i have zilch :s

1 years experience bot NCB as i was a named driver on my dads insurance for the first year, shared the car, im paying 1800 for an 07 plate 1.2 16v and im a soon to be 20yr old lad, so its not too bad seeing as some insurers wanted 2 and a half grand

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
1 years experience bot NCB as i was a named driver on my dads insurance for the first year, shared the car, im paying 1800 for an 07 plate 1.2 16v and im a soon to be 20yr old lad, so its not too bad seeing as some insurers wanted 2 and a half grand

oh right, im waiting for my reply from adrian flux,

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
phone them tommorrow, you always get a better quote by phoning them, and theyre really useful on the phone.

done it online just for rough ideas and then was going to phone the 5 best quotes and beat them up to get the cheapest :D who can say no hey? haha

07 Campus Sport 1.2
aha, very good idea, never say yes to their first quote, always say you were looking to pay a little less as youve just had to buy the car or something, and you havent got a lot of money left. and the fact that youre a student, big that up. they always get a quote, and then stick a bit more on top of the figure theyre given as they know most people will bargain with them, and if they dont, theyve made some extra money :)

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
aha, very good idea, never say yes to their first quote, always say you were looking to pay a little less as youve just had to buy the car or something, and you havent got a lot of money left. and the fact that youre a student, big that up. they always get a quote, and then stick a bit more on top of the figure theyre given as they know most people will bargain with them, and if they dont, theyve made some extra money :)

Thank you :)

Astra Twintop
Tesco did me pretty well, unsure if they will do you the "Value" insurance.

Welcome along.