ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Im new

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

Hi, im new currently driving a tuned vts, but am looking at going for a 172 in the next few months!! im going to look at an 02 silver 172 tommorow morning as ive not yet driven one!!

insurance is another issue as im just 21 with 1yrs no claims cant be much more than the vts??

I may pop along to this southend meet as it would be a great oppotunity to see some 172s!! presuming a Saxo driver will be welcome!!??

Cheers

Pete

insurance will be expensive but worth it IMHO, go have a drive youll love it, as for the meet im sure everyone will be friendly if you can take some good humoured teasing if craggy is going then youll feel at home as he has a saxo too.

go for the 172 you wont regret it

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

cheers lads!! im paying £1590 fully comp at the mo and dont mind paying a few hundred quid more i just got a quote for £1620 so will be happy with that!!

Dont get me wrong i love my saxo it got the rare 130bhp lump and with the mods is about 145bhp but i just fancy sominc a little more luxurious and the 172 looks like the next car!! :)

what they like on fuel, am kinda lookin forward to looking at this one tommorow!! :D

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Welcome to the forums mate, and dont feel bad about the Saxo...at least you got your mind aiming in the right direction with the 172 ;)

Youll love the 172, especially the shove from about 4500r/min

they are pretty good on fuel on a run at 50-60mph i normally see 40-45mpg but around town it drops to about 33mpg. booting it loads? well lets not go there

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Fuel wise I normally get 30-32 if I get a bit enthusiastic now and again, but I have seen as high as 40mph (shortly before I was overcome with enthusiasim)

As for interior, it really is very nice. The half leather/alcantara seats hold you in nicely, the climate control keeps you at your ideal temprature, the engine is quite a nice sound on normal driving, which changes to a really load powerfull sounding engine when you give it some..

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

I want to go for a silver one as i think its a lovely colour with like the hint of blue!

i looked at the cup but i fancy the other extras!! as i drive quite a bit.

i was shocked at how cheap you can pick the 172s up for now!!

i can put up with a little teasing from 172 and v6 drivers lol :)

Where I live, I see loads of 172s (second in commoness only to the CTR!) - must be company cars. Anyway, I think the dark blue ones look mint.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ye blue is better :cry:

the first 172 i ever looked at was monaco blue.. i think i fell in love with that colour..

Lee

BMW M2C

I love all 4 colours it comes in. Silver always looks good, but blue is a pig to keep clean.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

my vts is that blue i love it but think i fancy a change it all depends on what comes along at a good price!!

must say the least fave of the colours is the red, but didnt go for bue or back as the last car i had was white and was sick of having a car that looked dirty unless washed every day

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

cheers david, blo**y hell thats cheap but its an import im not to sur about going along those lines?? my sis got her mg zr160 from there but im just not sure!

im actually liking that monaco blue more every time i see it!!

I bought a clio from their just traded it in at local renault dealer and recieved full uk value for it because there is absolutely no difference between trade sales cars and ones you pick up from pukka uk dealers

Lee

BMW M2C

Search the forums for issues with imports.

Mine is an import from Holland. Within two weeks it developed a couple of faults which my local dealer were only too happy to put right. You still get a 3 year warrently. You do need to have an alarm fitted though, as the UK dealers fit these.

One reason I went for an import other than the saving I made was that I could get it quickly, I was car less after a job change. Plus, with a car that is likely to get thrashed I like to know that there hasnt been a previous owner who has done that to it.

Welcome,

I also changed from a VTS to the 172. Only had the 172 for 4 weeks now but its fantastic.

Its hard to compare the cars like for like as Im not driving on the same roads (or even the same side of the road :)) but the 172 ride doesnt seem as harsh as the Saxo. Theres also a lot more space in the 172 and it feels like a real car where sometimes the Saxo seemed a bit GoKart-ish.

For the Saxo though, it felt like it was pulling a lot harder where I find the 172 doesnt necessarily feel like its going fast even though it is. I just think it should pull you back into your seat more.

Overall though Im definitely not disappointed in changing and the I dont think you would be either, its worth the extra cash for insurance.