ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm now officially a Clio Owner

'94 BMW 318i
I picked up my New Clio Dynamique on Friday. I'm a very happy man :D.

I've come from driving an 11 year old Cavalier so any car would be a vast improvement but I can honestly say that I haven't found one thing I dislike about this car.

I'd get some pics up but it already needs a wash so once I've cleaned it I'll get the old camera out.

A couple of questions, as I understand, there is only 1 rear fog light. But there is a bulb in the same position in the other cluster. Is it used for anything?

Also, I'll be looking to upgrade the cd player at some stage and I'd like to keep things looking how they are currently i.e. the stereo panel matching the dash. Is there anywhere I can get the equipment Renault sell as an upgrade at a cheaper price?

Cheers.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Hi Dave

good to see another MK3 owner on here, that's 3 of us that I know of (plus a couple of 197s)

Your best bet will be to get the mp3 headunit from renault direct that they do as an option in the 197 but prepare your bum first as they love to charge ;)

no idea about the foglamp, I might take a look at lunchtime :)

Happy new car!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
welcome to cs and hope you enjoy your car.

ebay is normally a good bet for getting renault stuff on the cheap although i havent seen much mk3 gear on there...but tbh ive never really looked hard enough for it with having a mk2

'94 BMW 318i
MikeDX said:
Your best bet will be to get the mp3 headunit from renault direct that they do as an option in the 197 but prepare your bum first as they love to charge ;)
Yea the upgrade option I could have chosen would have set me back £400!! That's just not happening right now :headno:

russ9898 said:
ebay is normally a good bet for getting renault stuff on the cheap although i havent seen much mk3 gear on there...but tbh ive never really looked hard enough for it with having a mk2
I didn't think about checking there. Will do that. Cheers fella.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
no problems mate, if you dont find anything today just check periodically as new items crops up all the time

Leon Cupra R 225
nice one, welcome to CS. Im very confident that your dynamique will be a major improvement on the cavalier lol ;)

'94 BMW 318i
tommyboy said:
nice one, welcome to CS. Im very confident that your dynamique will be a major improvement on the cavalier lol ;)

Ermmm, walking was a major improvement on the cavalier to be fair :).

R

Rebecca

Hope you have fun with all your clioy motoring. Enjoy the club and ask as many questions as you like there is always someone about who knows what they are talking about. As you may have already noticed.

Rebecca

Dave01_uk said:
Also, I'll be looking to upgrade the cd player at some stage and I'd like to keep things looking how they are currently i.e. the stereo panel matching the dash. Cheers.
I thought the std mk3 clio stereo was the same dimensions as normal/aftermarket units? Certainly looks like it in the pics I've seen. Or are you wanting to keep the "standard" look? That's what I was worried about but in the end I splashed out £200 on an Alpine unit and it's a surprisingly good match (doesn't scream out that it's aftermarket). Would blow anything Renault coud supply at £400 clean out of the water too IMO. Honestly, I'd do that rather than be f**ked over for the price of a Renault one.

Welcome to the club and all the best with the new car BTW :)

'94 BMW 318i
Yea it was the standard look I was hoping to keep. I saw the other thread about the Becker head unit earlier and was impressed. I may have to go down that route.

Dave01_uk said:
Yea it was the standard look I was hoping to keep. I saw the other thread about the Becker head unit earlier and was impressed. I may have to go down that route.
That was my worry too (in a 2004 model clio) but it's not a bad match the h/u I've got. Unfortunately I ain't got any pics of it online anywhere but if I find any I'll PM them to you, if that helps.

top of the pyramid
Rebecca said:
Hope you have fun with all your clioy motoring. Enjoy the club and ask as many questions as you like there is always someone about who knows what they are talking about. As you may have already noticed.

Rebecca

most of the time ;), welcome to the club mate have fun