ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Im taking it ive been sent the wrong mount

Just taken my Dog bone mount off, taken the new mount out of the box.

And im assuming ive been sent the PH1 mount rather than the PH2, as i cant see how it will fit!

n609615133_5838585_3921.gif

you need to press/drift the rubber mounts out of the alloy arm (will need to bend the steel seat first, so that it'll pass through the alloy)

LY 182
that rubber mount in the old arm, and the cage around in all hammers out
stick the mount flat on a vice and just hit the cage round that rubber out
all will then become obvious

that rubber mount in the old arm, and the cage around in all hammers out
stick the mount flat on a vice and just hit the cage round that rubber out
all will then become obvious
Make sense, so the mount comes out, and then the not so circular bit it sits in comes out aswell, leaving a nice big round hole?

LY 182
yep you got it,, just lay the actual alloy arm flat on the edge of a vice, and whack the not so circular bit,, all comes out easy..

the rubber bushes are a bit of a tight fit in there but go in easy enough in a vice

it's circular - looks confusing as the rubber is mounted within a steel frame (which is the bit you knock out)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Gonna be doing this to the carbon Clio soon, tempted to throw a K-tec upper mounnt into the works as well, bring on the rattle dash :evil:

PH1 172 Sport
Fooked mate, had play, but i think too much compared to normal.

Could push the rubber easily by hand.

Just taken for a test drive, what a difference! Gear changes feel tighter, and it seems to have helped with the 3rd gear crunch problem alot!

Good mod :)

Mines just started to develop a crunch in 3rd! So what is it exactly that you have bought? Just the powerflex bushes for the original dogbone?