ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Im torn between keeping the 197 or swapping to a 182

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I personally prefer the 182s. I think the Mk2's are more exiting; more fun at lower speeds, they feel over engined and opposed to under engined in the Mk3. It all depends what you want from your car though really.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Keep it
Madness imo for 2 miles a day
Could end up buying a old car with issues etc

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Unless your looking at releasing some money, depending on yours. But as above, could kiss goodbye to the difference if you buy a pain.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Keep the 197 if it's small commutes. The 197 is much nicer to drive, more defined and an overall better place to be.

The 1*2's are more "Go Kart" and as such, more of a "fun" car.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Don't take this the wrong way mate but you really don't sound like your interested in driving at all
For 2 miles a day if it's reliable, I'd just keep it.

Mk3 197 clio sport
Don't take this the wrong way mate but you really don't sound like your interested in driving at all
For 2 miles a day if it's reliable, I'd just keep it.
I love driving the car just one a question thats been in my head since i brought it i was torn between the 197 and 182

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
I love driving the car just one a question thats been in my head since i brought it i was torn between the 197 and 182

Fair enough mate, I just read the situation wrong on your replies.
I've never driven a 197 so can't comment but I took a big "down grade" from an s3 8p to find a car which was more "fun" and I definitely found it in the 182.
Test drive needed :up:

Listerine & Poledo
I can only see you being disappointed after the first week, if honest.
Once the novelty of "oh look, this car's marginally quicker" will come the "someone please stop that FACKIN RATTLE!!!!" and "What....NOW WHAT!" and all the other great lines that become part of ownership of a decade-and-a-bit-old Renault

Mk3 197 clio sport
I can only see you being disappointed after the first week, if honest.
Once the novelty of "oh look, this car's marginally quicker" will come the "someone please stop that FACKIN RATTLE!!!!" and "What....NOW WHAT!" and all the other great lines that become part of ownership of a decade-and-a-bit-old Renault
I know that feeling from the the mk1