ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

im very upset

rsturbo and a xr3i

just got my car back from the body shop had to pay him cause he wouldnt give me the car then after having it a day ive found hundreds of things wrong with it its just a mess ive taken it to 3 other body shops for their oppionion and they said to be perfectly honest it needs a full respray which it what it went in here for im just gutted sorry to rant just had to get it off my chest

don't

Name and Shame, and go talk 2 the manager of the place and tell them 3 other places have said its shoddy work and needs re-doing

ask for it 2 b done properly or u want money back, if u get nowhere time 2 tlk 2 citizens advice

totally agree, dont let them get away with it! make a formal complaint and name the other companys that have said its shoddy, and claim they should respray it free of charge or money back.

If it was a mechanical fault, you would take it back and complain and they would fix it (if you trusted them again that is)

Should normally check it over before paying but doesnt seem they gave you that chance??

You have a right to take it back believe me my mate works in a bodyshop and anyone can do it

if you arent pleased they HAVE TO do it again!

kick some ass girly!!

Vix :)

Hmmmm trading standards or the such is probably a good place to go also.

I would goto these other garages and ask them for a written quote and a statemet about the current state of hte paint job.

Then goto the original garage and show them this, state that if hte matter is resolve you will take it up with trading standards etc.

rsturbo and a xr3i

ive spoken to trading standards and ive to write him a letter and hes to put it right within 10 days but i cant see that happening to be honest the manager is the w**ker thats sprayed it

Youve still got to follow proper channels by writting the formal letter, trading standards wont help unless you follow the correct route that they advise.

bollox! sorri to here that luv! where u from? if u in the midlands and u get ure money back i know the best bodyshop bloke! and hell sort it!

Trading standards is a good start. Make sure you have put everything in writing then give them the ten days. If this isnt done confirm this in writing to Trading Standards and also see what organisations the place is a member of (Motor Vehicle Repairers Association etc.) and contact them. CC the bodyshop guy on all correspondance so he knows youre kicking up a stink.

leon cupra R

Quote: Originally posted by h3lter on 22 July 2004

bollox! sorri to here that luv! where u from? if u in the midlands and u get ure money back i know the best bodyshop bloke! and hell sort it!

who,s the best bodyshop bloke in the midlands mate,

im looking for a repray and i dnt wanna get ripped off...........

any ideas? live near selly oak mate:)

Mandy,

Get the other bodyshops to do a report on the car (or the faults on it), take copies of it to the place that done it in the first place, tell them you want a full refund, or the faults fixing for free, or you will be taking it up with trading standards.

EDIT: I think I really need to start reading all the posts!

[Edited by Barryd on 22 July 2004 at 4:50pm]

Quote: Originally posted by DazRsi on 22 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by h3lter on 22 July 2004

who,s the best bodyshop bloke in the midlands mate,

im looking for a repray and i dnt wanna get ripped off...........

any ideas? live near selly oak mate:)

pm sent! all sorted mate!

an one else u know where ot come ;)

Write a letter and send it recorded, stress you are not happy with the outcome and that you have had 2nd opinions to which have confirmed the quality of work is a joke. Take some pictures and tell him you have informed the trading standards. Advise him you will be taking the case to a small cliams court based on the evidense you have collected. Tell them that you will be addressed by a legal representive and you see no reason to why you will lose the case. It will be very costly for him if you looses - (which he will lose) and will cost you £35 for the privilege. Give him 14 days to reply, if he doesnt - take him to the cleaners...

You have nothing to worry about fella!

500bhp Scoob

ouch sorry to hear, i know youd been waiting a long time for your car to be re-sprayed n theyve gone n done a dodgy job.

Do what these chaps say, they seem in the know about it.

Hope it gets sorted soon

Quote: Originally posted by Mitsi on 22 July 2004

i think its a girl jim lad!
Ahem... :oops: -well addressed Mitsi,

Look on the bright side - Think yourself lucky you dont have me defending your case! lol

rsturbo and a xr3i

well my husband took the car back about a hour ago thats what trading standards told us to do and to put a letter in the post giving him 10 days to fix it and the owner , sprayer flipped i think hes lost it he came up to my husband like he was gonna hit him calling him a nob saying hed had enought of the complaining so my husband grabbed him in self defence and the little b*****d said i will have you for assualt wtf

mandy custom colours have gone down hill alot now they woz good when they first started. theres only 1 bodyshop now in blackpool and thats PJ autobodies !! only company i wud trust but there is another company but hes doesnt do full resprays for cheap ur lookin at over 2k but the job is mint, hes done full resprays on every car u can think off

Quote: Originally posted by mandy007 on 22 July 2004

well my husband took the car back about a hour ago thats what trading standards told us to do and to put a letter in the post giving him 10 days to fix it and the owner , sprayer flipped i think hes lost it he came up to my husband like he was gonna hit him calling him a nob saying hed had enought of the complaining so my husband grabbed him in self defence and the little b*****d said i will have you for assualt wtf
I think that, technically, you only have to touch someone to assault them, though with just the two of them there its word against word so it shouldnt be a problem as I cant see that hed make it stick if it did come up.

Next time either of you ring or go down there, get a dictaphone/mp3 recorder thing so you can record him or, even better, covert film footage from someone standing nearby or by a tiny camera pinbadge thing. Check with the old bill first though, as you may have to warn him that youre recording him for it to be admissable in court.

Any Police people on here want to advise?

Good luck getting it sorted though - Id go for the full refund as I dont think Id trust his work...

GR7

Shiny red R32

just got my car back from the body shop had to pay him cause he wouldnt give me the car then after having it a day ive found hundreds of things wrong with it its just a mess ive taken it to 3 other body shops for their oppionion and they said to be perfectly honest it needs a full respray which it what it went in here for im just gutted sorry to rant just had to get it off my chest
Ask the manager if he would like you to have sprayed his car like that or would he give it back to be re-done?

Surely you would have done the obvious thing and walked around the car with the spray person before deciding whether or not to accept it! Why did it take until the following day for you to spot any blemishes?

Hope the nasty piece of work doesnt do something dodgy to your car!! Hope it gets sorted amicably.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 23 July 2004
Quote: Originally posted by mandy007 on 22 July 2004 just got my car back from the body shop had to pay him cause he wouldnt give me the car then after having it a day ive found hundreds of things wrong with it its just a mess ive taken it to 3 other body shops for their oppionion and they said to be perfectly honest it needs a full respray which it what it went in here for im just gutted sorry to rant just had to get it off my chest [/QUOTE]Ask the manager if he would like you to have sprayed his car like that or would he give it back to be re-done?<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Surely you would have done the obvious thing and walked around the car with the spray person before deciding whether or not to accept it! Why did it take until the following day for you to spot any blemishes?<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Hope the nasty piece of work doesnt do something dodgy to your car!! Hope it gets sorted amicably.

its fine doing that but i have done it my self picked up my car and hated the work the next day... in the end i didnt pay...

however if the bloke is being like that i would either find a friend that is built like a brick sh*thouse.... or i would get the police down.. if u know some 1 that blatantly isnt scared of any1 to go with u, people normally back down...

other option is i think the AA can do a viewing of your car and test the paint to see if its a good or shoddy job and will give a report it may be worth having this done.... as they arnt a body shop and tend to have more leverage in court etc...

what is wrong with the paint ??? any pics ?

rsturbo and a xr3i

ive only got pics of the car from a distance and it looks ok but close up its crap you can have a look on this link at it if you want pg 2 is it finished http://miata.cardomain.com/memberpage/506425http://miata.cardomain.com/memberpage/506425

and mailto:marc@blackpool">marc@blackpool your telling me he has gone down hill i think hes about to have a breakdown if your matey with the lads a pj autobodies ask them what my car looks like cause i took it to them yesterday for a diagonosis and they think its sh*t

rsturbo and a xr3i

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 23 July 2004

Ask the manager if he would like you to have sprayed his car like that or would he give it back to be re-done?

Surely you would have done the obvious thing and walked around the car with the spray person before deciding whether or not to accept it! Why did it take until the following day for you to spot any blemishes?

Hope the nasty piece of work doesnt do something dodgy to your car!! Hope it gets sorted amicably.
right hes had the bloody car 3 months my husband was on holiday this week and we desparatly wanted it back so he brought the car to our house and we looked round it and it was starting to go dark so obviosly alot of the blemishes didnt show up its only when you start playing around like my husband opened the bonnet and we found that its marking the front bumper

opening and shutting the doors just yesterday was causing chipping it was all though the day we were finding faults with it then every time we went over a bump the thing was grinding wtf the flaming back bumper is catching the wheel but hed drove it to my house like that and not said anything honestly its a total mess but the bloke who works for him has assured me he will fix it because the owner is in no fit state to do so he carnt appolgise enought and has said the car should never of comeback like that so my only hope is him so im just keeping my fingers crossed that it gets sorted if its not looking better in 10 days time im going to see a soliciter

2004 1.2 Dynamique

gooooo youuuuu it needs sorting dont stop until you get it re-sprayed or your money back