ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMac Hard disk replacement

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Am I right in thinking that the Hard disk installed in the iMac's are standard?

I'm looking at upgrading to a 1TB disk in the near future. Would I be able to purchase the Hard Disk and then take it to Apple to fit it for me?

I've found guides on the internet but I'm not sure if I trust myself taking it apart!

I have a 2007 24" currently.

M135i, 118 coupe
I think there is a company near London called macupgrades that will do it for you and clone your old drive onto the new one, think they are called Macupgrades, been meaning to do the same thing for a while now

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I have Time Machine running all the time so syncing back is not a problem for me, I just don't feel comfortable taking it all apart!

There's a chap on here who works for an official Apple re-seller in your neck of the woods but I can't think of his name. Which is zero help to you.. But it might come to me! Lol.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just been looking around at guides ... I'm slowly building up courage to try it myself, it's out of warranty so I don't really have anything to lose tbh!

Tempted just to whack a 2Tb HDD in though ... should do me for a while!!