ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMac & iPad or MBP

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
:star:!

I always wanted a MBP but recently I've started looking at iMac's :S.

I'll be getting a iPad3 as soon as it's released but I'm not sure whether to buy a MBP or an iMac.

Out of the two which do you prefer (I know a number of forum members own both)?

Is the 21” iMac sufficient or is the 27” baller the only way to go?

I work from home so portability isn't key but definitely a plus (I have a company Windoze laptop).

This will be my first Mac :cool:.

One major plus of getting an iMac is that I could use it as a TV.

Do you use TVCatchup to watch TV? Unfortunately there isn’t a TV aerial in my office.

Chow :approve:

I must admit I pressed the button on the 27inch in a moment of "ah f**k it may as well" but it's surprising just how much you can do with all that real estate. I'm currently browsing CS, ripping CD's on iTunes and watching the tv comfortably.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You have a laptop so get a 27" iMac, don't even consider the small one, it's not even that much cheaper.

I like owning all three tbh, I use the iMac to do work at home, photography stuff and recently music stuff.

iPad is great for browsing on the sofa or in bed, I'm using it now on the sofa while watching TV.

MBP is essential for my college stuff, as an iPad doesn't cut it and the computers there are a joke.

So, only you can decide what you need, but from what you say I'd go 27" iMac and iPad