ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMac question

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Looking at buying the 27" iMac in the not too distant future but after some research I have one outstanding querrie and thought I'd ask the Apple gurus on here for advice.

Its basically to check if Xbox 360 and PS3s can be plugged into iMac and used as a monitor/tv for playing games on etc? I know they dont have an HDMi input on the screen so my original thought was no they cant but I just wanted to confirm what the script is. Is there another input that can be used instead?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah? where?

Will the Kanex XD work fine with the new iMac's (MC812B/A) via the Thunderbolt port?
Our Kanex XD requires modification to work with the new thunderbolt iMac 27-inch. We are under development of a newer version. Please look out for an announcement soon. In the mean time the Kanex XD still works for iMac 27 2009-early 2011 and also the LED Cinema Display 27-inch

Bugger.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Cheers for the advice guys. It's disappointing but wasn't enough to put me off buying one. Ordered it online tonight along with a new MacBook air for the wife.

Bought it online as I didn't know if you could spec up the machines in the Apple store. Just gotta wait for 'em to be delivered. Excited doesn't come close lol.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
thats what i meant anyone can get it good job you did, i was thinking you were mad for a minute there

Lol. I did wonder when I was gonna get asked for proof of someone being in education but the question never arose to my slight astonishment. If its that easy to get a lot of money off then surely everyone will be doing it?

Anyway. The specs for the goodies are:

Specs are as follows:

27" iMac-

- 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
- 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB (Will upgrade to 16Gb with RAM from Crucial for cheaper than Apple)
- 1TB Serial ATA Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive
- AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Apple Wireless Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)
- Accessory Kit

13" MacBook Air-

- 1.8GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7
- 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
- 256GB flash storage
- Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)
- Accessory Kit