ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMac turning it's self on and off

My Mac has turned it's self on and off 3 times today? it seems to run very warm , and takes quite a while to re-boot.

I don't turn it off , i leave it in sleep mode ( on it every day ) should i turn it off when not in use?

Thanks

3 weeks old Tom

I bought it from Apple online , i can't afford to send it away ( for weeks ) - can i take it direct to a store? Only upgrade is i7

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
My one will sometimes turn itself on, even if it was shut down properly and not on standby ... always scares the s**t out of me when you here the Apple "chime" at 3am in the morning!

Mines just over 3 years old now ...

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Had mine 6 months now, i always set mine to shut down mode so it's completley turned off.

Maybe worth trying that to start with instead, see if it reset's itself and maybe not running too hot?

Thanks lads.

I'll keep a eye on it , might have been a electricity spike? Chis how do i find the SMC fan control?

I f the fan carries on , can i take it back to a store?

Thanks

Thanks lads.

I'll keep a eye on it , might have been a electricity spike? Chis how do i find the SMC fan control?

I f the fan carries on , can i take it back to a store?

Thanks

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine did this and used to give me heart failure on a regular basis at stupidoclock.

I think (it was 2 years ago) I turned off 'wake for network access' and 'start up after power failure' in Settings > Energy Saver

Hopefully yours are ticked and you can un-tick them, and have uninterrupted nights again !

I'm using Crome as my browser and all seemed well.

Re deleting history

I like every other bloke watches a bit of p**n , i always delete my history , but over the last day or so ive noticed my history isn't showing up when i come to clear history - via Tools in Crome.

Iv'e un-installed and re-installed Crome , but it's still not showing up! ( i've still cleared the history it every time anyway )

The last thing i want is my missues to suddenly stumble across it!

HELP :eek:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Crome ?

Google Chrome ?! INCOGNITO MODE FTW !

How's she going to find it, if you can't ?

If she goes mental ask her why she was looking at it anyway !? If she still goes mental, it's time for plenty of fish dot com !

Yeah Google Crome , Incognito mode? ( how? ) I obviously don't know why history has stopped showing up?

I get it when i want it mate , it's usually me who has a headache hahaha