ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMac

fiesta 1.25
I guessing the apple geeks on here will be able to help me out.

Im after a iMac will only need to do the usual web browsing, iWork and might be building a few websites on it.I dont want a brand new one from apple but would prefer newish one. Ive seen some on eBay but i dont know what to look for, how old they are and whats the latest software etc.

Looking to spend around £600

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iMac-20-2-4GH...d=ViewItem&pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item483a63d71d

Is this the latest model?

Megane
ah ok so is this the last model? Is OS X the newest OS as i thought snow leopard was

OSX is equivalent to Windows, 10.5 (leopard) is like vista, the latest is 10.6 (snow leopard) which is like Windows 7

This is the one before yeah

fiesta 1.25
Cheers would you say its worth paying the extra and getting the brand new model? Is that the bottem spec 250GB hard drive and 1Gb ram?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Why do you need a desktop? I well-specified MacBook Pro would do the trick, and be portable.

For your budget, you won't be getting a new one, but maybe a 2007 model.

OSX is the OS. And it's Oh-Es-Ten, not Oh-Es-Ex. Really bugs me.

Snow Leopard is the latest version, but a 2006/7 system will be running Leopard, or even Tiger if it's not been upgraded.

fiesta 1.25
I don't really need one but would prefer it as ive aready got a dell laptop for surfing and taking into uni etc. Ive just done up my office so ill definitly be getting a desktop just not sure if its worth it for what id use it for plus id probably want dual booting anyway.

b2340882.jpg

Cheers, i think i understand all the models now. The older ones are 20" and 24" arnt they? Theres a couple on eBay with Snow leopard going for about £500.

fiesta 1.25
Cheers, thats pretty good didn't relise they had refurbished ones on there. Unfortunatly i dont want to pay more than £600 ish so i think a nice used 20" will do the job. Its eitehr that or a dell inspiron 560 with 20" widescreen for about £450

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
OSX is the OS. And it's Oh-Es-Ten, not Oh-Es-Ex. Really bugs me.

It is, but I saw a Apple video a while back where they'd made a boo-boo and called it "OS ES X" in the video, which I thought was a bit strange at the time.

I can't remember where it was though, it may be a developer video or a Snow Leopard Server video.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I had a play with a 27" mac yesterday OMG it's freeking mahooosive!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep. Awesome though. I love mine. All the screen you ever need.

Dan would get one if he manned up.

182 Cup
Everyone should get one. Some mighty deals to be had from the refurb store as well, wish I had looked more into it before buying mine new.