ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser Bypass?

Simbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Has anyone installed permanent wiring to bypass the pesky immobiliser? And if so, can you PLEASE share how to do it...!
My 172 Cup has already had the ECU and UCH recently replaced and all was well until this weekend when, without warning, it failed to re-start at a petrol station... where I had to leave it overnight until it was collected by a recovery truck! When I turn the key the immobiliser light on the dash flashes faster than normal and changes to solid red as soon as I try to start.
I believe it's possible to completely bypass the immobiliser, so if anyone can shed any light on how to do this and prevent this infuriating, recurring problem I'd be very, VERY grateful.
Many thanks in advance

Simbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
It's coded into the ECU, so I'm not sure there's a way to wire around it.
Thanks for your very swift reply.
Do you think it might be possible by installing a separate "push start" button? I've heard someone has done this on a later (push start button) 197 Clio but I'm afraid my knowledge is rather lacking - as you realise!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for your very swift reply.
Do you think it might be possible by installing a separate "push start" button? I've heard someone has done this on a later (push start button) 197 Clio but I'm afraid my knowledge is rather lacking - as you realise!

No idea to be honest, that side of electronics is beyond me.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Has anyone installed permanent wiring to bypass the pesky immobiliser? And if so, can you PLEASE share how to do it...!
My 172 Cup has already had the ECU and UCH recently replaced and all was well until this weekend when, without warning, it failed to re-start at a petrol station... where I had to leave it overnight until it was collected by a recovery truck! When I turn the key the immobiliser light on the dash flashes faster than normal and changes to solid red as soon as I try to start.
I believe it's possible to completely bypass the immobiliser, so if anyone can shed any light on how to do this and prevent this infuriating, recurring problem I'd be very, VERY grateful.
Many thanks in advance

Simbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I haven't used one but bookmarked it just incase I ever did need it
Many thanks for this. Very much appreciated. I'll certainly investigate if it's available for a 2002 car. Cheers!

Clio mk2 Y reg
Bought myself one of these for a phase 1 last week, still not working even after 4 days of trouble shooting with the company - may well be the wrong code written in my key but these normally work easily

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Bought myself one of these for a phase 1 last week, still not working even after 4 days of trouble shooting with the company - may well be the wrong code written in my key but these normally work easily
Aye you'll need the correct key, if it's still an issue buy a second hand full lock kit with uch etc, people breaking them sellkits on facebook if no one on here

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Get the ph1 ecu de immobilised by Efiparts miles better