ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser Fault 06 1.2 16v Campus

Clio 1.2 16v
Hi guys, can anyone help me?

Firstly, car according to Renault is a ClioII with a D4F722 engine, but the engine management wiring appears to be ClioIII D4F740 - is this possible? It took me ages to figure this out.

Car has been unused for a few weeks, now on returning to it it refuses to start. It did crank for a while although intermittently, but it makes no attempt to fire. I have checked signal from the CKP to the ecu on an oscilloscope and that is good. I also have a good spark at the plugs. There was a problem with the live feed to the injectors but that has now been fixed, but I get no ecu signal to switch them. For a while the orange warning lamp that looks like a diesel glow plug lamp (car is petrol) was on with a flashing 'stop' lamp, but that has now sorted itself - don't know what I did. An EOBD scanner shows no faults.

The immobiliser was doing strange things, and now the lamp stays on solid after I turn the ignition on, car will crank if you're quick to turn the key for a couple of seconds then stops. I've been through many threads talking about this problem but have come across many conflicting posts about what the solid light means and what the flashing light means. The key fob works to unlock the doors but that has nothing to do with the immobiliser.

Can anyone tell me the difference between a flashing and solid light, and why it only cranks for a few seconds at a time. The car worked fine till a few weeks ago, and although the battery was a little weak on my return there was enough there to crank it - now back to fully charged of course.

Does anyone have any info on where I can check the immobiliser signal with an oscilloscope - a wiring diagram of the immobiliser system would be handy - or is it all sent down the CAN lines?