ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser Fault

Impreza WRX
Sorry guys i know bugger all about cars so here goes!

For the last few months had problems with starting. Either red light flashing quickly, or light on solid [wont even attempt to turn over if light solid]

After reading numerous posts on here, and checking/replacing battery in key [dont have a spare] im convinced its the immobiliser.

But where would i start??

Should i just book it into any garage?

Dread even taking it to work anymore!

Thanks Guys, Paul

Golf GTD Mk7
i'd get it stuck on Renault CLIP mate. Will give you a better understanding of the problem. Don't go to a dealer though. If you were a bit closer I'd stick it on mine for you.

182, 172 Track Shed
Ive got very similar problem on my PH1 172

Car unlocks/locks fine from the fob

Immobiliser light pulses steadily as it normally does

Soon as key is turned the light flashes like mad (but doesn't turn solid)

Car briefly tries to start then dies

Is there a way of removing the immobiliser completely? As its going to be a track car its not really needed

Ive got very similar problem on my PH1 172

Car unlocks/locks fine from the fob

Immobiliser light pulses steadily as it normally does

Soon as key is turned the light flashes like mad (but doesn't turn solid)

Car briefly tries to start then dies

Is there a way of removing the immobiliser completely? As its going to be a track car its not really needed

This has just happened to me tonight also. So any help would be welcome.
I am going to use the search function now see if i can see anything that will help.
Ah yeah my clio is a 1.4 year 2000.