ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser Issue?

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Hi there everyone,

Weird one today went and washed my car and left keys in the ignition then when I came back to the car it was clicking away like crazy with the dash lights flicking but started ok. Then after getting back to work and stopping the car I noticed that the lights on the dash were still illuminated and the gauges were flicking and the car wouldn't lock. I tried disconnecting the battery for a while which seemed to do the trick and no more clicking/lights etc however later on today the car would not fire up and was clicking away again with the dash lights making me think a immobiliser issue?. Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I don't have a scooby about electrics.

Car is a PH1 172, Cheers

My neice had exactly the same issue with her Clio (Standard Mk2 1.2L 3dr model not a 172 Sport)... Fitted a new battery & problem solved! Maybe a good idea to test your battery with a multimeter before spending the best part of a hundred quid though..

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I agree with the above. I've had flicking needles on the dash when the battery is completely dead. I doubt washing had anything to do with this.

if not battery then uch kit

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, that was my thoughts too and the battery wasn't great so I did get a new one and plonked it in yesterday, however today it was still not keen to start initially, so took the key out and back in and fired up no problem...hmm uch as you say maybe?

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Hi Gents,

No weird light or gauge flickering problems since the new battery went in so that seems to have cured that, had someone have a look at the key issue and UCH etc is fine would appear that one of the keys is goosed as works fine with one and not the other, car is going grand for now even passed MOT no probs, happy days

Hi Gents,

No weird light or gauge flickering problems since the new battery went in so that seems to have cured that, had someone have a look at the key issue and UCH etc is fine would appear that one of the keys is goosed as works fine with one and not the other, car is going grand for now even passed MOT no probs, happy days

Great news!