ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser issur

Clio Sport 172
My car started no issue first thing in the morning took it for a 2min drive to put fuel in went to start it again and wouldn't start. The little red light on my dash was flashing quick I've been advised this might be a issue with my key and my immobiliser. Just seeing if this sounds right and what price should I expect to pay?

Moogun B95
Squeeze the key as you turn it in the ignition. If this helps, it wont work like that forever, order a replacement key.

Ah sorry I should of been more specific I turn the key and there is nothing
Ahh ok, i've had immobiliser issues before but it was turning over so could be a different issue. Might be worth trying what i did to see if it works before you have to spend some money.
1. Turn key to ignition on position, count to 30, turn it off but dont take the key out, then turn straight to start without stopping.
2. try this?
3. checked the battery is ok?

2014 Clio 200t edc
Ahh ok, i've had immobiliser issues before but it was turning over so could be a different issue. Might be worth trying what i did to see if it works before you have to spend some money.
1. Turn key to ignition on position, count to 30, turn it off but dont take the key out, then turn straight to start without stopping.
2. try this?
3. checked the battery is ok?

I did the above when mine played up and it worked.

Clio Sport 172
ill give that a go thanks.
been speaking to a couple of different places. got a quote off here for Renault replacing it to gauge a price really which ive been quoted 180-185
been quoted 170 at a mobile key replacement
been quoted 120-130 at others too
then i spoke to a different person who said 120 if they come to me.. if i can come to them with the key (didn't mention bringing the car) its just 45?

seems a bit of a price difference and a massive call out fee if thats the case?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Squeeze the key as you turn it in the ignition. If this helps, it wont work like that forever, order a replacement key.
That doesn't work mate.
Look up the resync key proceedure.
If that doesn't work just get a new uch kit for your car, n3 type. £50 off ebay.

Clio Sport 172
I've enquired about getting it resynced/get it connected to the car again and most places quote around 120 call out spoke to someone else and he said 45 if I can get to him but i don't need to take the car only the key I thought this might be a bit odd but I don't know anything about cars did ask if he would warranty the key and he said it includes warranty. So if it doesnt work at least I can take it back. Thought for the cheaper price worth a try

Clio Sport 172
Right so key was sorted and reprogrammed got home and it tried to fire twice and cut out, looked at it today and a fuse had come lose on passenger side so sorted now and driving beautiful missed this car so much!!

Clio Sport 172
Immobiliser has stopped working again about 24hrs after it working. At a loss now any help would be greatful worried if i get the key done is going to just go again could it be something on the car knocking the sync out?? Please help :(

Clio Sport 172
Fixed it... Again haha. Wiggled and cleaned my fuses under the bonnet and now works fine... For now.