ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser Problem

MK2 ph2 1.2 16V
I was away for holiday for a month and came back with a flat battery with my car. So I got the RAC to jump-start my car he couldn't and started looking around. When he checked the spark plug, there were no sparks and the immobiliser light is on solid. He checked the fused box and it was completely fine but he found that there is a worn wire under the car computer in the engine bay. He suspected that might be the cause of the problem so I had it sent to the garage. They called me today saying that they have separated the wires and tested it yet still no luck so they will have to dig deeper to see what the problem is. however this is going to cost me a few hundred pounds for the labour to check it. So before I do anything, I wanna see if anyone had a similar problem and solution to fix it without causing me a fortune.

Thx

182 ff
my car wouldn't start after a lot of rain... aa man came out.. checked the relays(clios leak) they where green.. cleaned them car started..
if your car is turning over and it was parked outside before your holiday,we have had weeks of rain.. I would check them 1st..
try get it back from the garage ..seems a rip off to find a fault... if your car was fine before you went away.. I bet water has got in..
if you cant find the fault, call rac out again (if you have home start )

or your immobiliser needs resetting(due to battery going dead)

MK2 ph2 1.2 16V
my car wouldn't start after a lot of rain... aa man came out.. checked the relays(clios leak) they where green.. cleaned them car started..
if your car is turning over and it was parked outside before your holiday,we have had weeks of rain.. I would check them 1st..
try get it back from the garage ..seems a rip off to find a fault... if your car was fine before you went away.. I bet water has got in..
if you cant find the fault, call rac out again (if you have home start )

or your immobiliser needs resetting(due to battery going dead)

I had a call from the garage last night saying that it is not a problem with a confused immobiliser so i guess resetting the it will not do much help right?

182 ff
I had a call from the garage last night saying that it is not a problem with a confused immobiliser so i guess resetting the it will not do much help right?

check the relays then..don't let them run up a bill..what garage have to took it to? do they have knowledge of clios? resetting the Immobiliser takes 2 mins..

MK2 ph2 1.2 16V
check the relays then..don't let them run up a bill..what garage have to took it to? do they have knowledge of clios? resetting the Immobiliser takes 2 mins..
It is a garage that the RAC man recommended me. i am not sure if they have knowledge of the clios or not. But i do know they have linkage with a breaker that breaks Renault.

182 ff
just says ignition system damp or damaged.. check voltage is going to start plugs, check coil.(fuses and relays)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Solid red light on = Key recognised and authorised to start car but a network issue is prohibiting it from starting - 100% NOT key or Imob related

Normally a broken wire somewhere on the KLine/CAN but can sometimes be After Ignition relay related to. Really needs decent diagnostics on it to root out and nail... **shouldn't** be hundreds of pounds though (Well, it wouldn't be at my place)

MK2 ph2 1.2 16V
They said they hav to get past the anti thief part and stuff and to strip the wire out and stuff which will take 3 hrs ! U think it is too mcu?

Clio
Way way to much !!

I've been stripping my loom today and not found any anti tamper /theft devices

I'm having similar problems at the moment the first question I'd be asking is have they plugged it into a computer yet if so what was result ? Also sounds silly but what colour wire is it ?

It is possible to test the k line and if it has one CANBus separately (you need clip really for the CAN which I'm about to buy as cant find anyone in my area (Milton Keynes ) with one )

Hope this helps