ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser Problem

Mk2 16V 1.2
Had the car a week.. 😞

Car: Clio II 1.2 16V
Problem: Won't turn over. Immobiliser light remains steady on.

Was working perfect the previous day. Fitted a subwoofer and now the car won't turn over, installation went fine.. sub is working.

All lights are working, wipers working, central locking working.. immobiliser flashes as normal when key is out. Car refuses to turn over.. the odd time the immobiliser light turn off and on start you can hear a pump or something for a second and then the immobiliser light turns back on.

If anybody has any fixes please let me know, I'm at my wits end!

Mk2 16V 1.2
When it was doing that on my old 1.2 it was when the battery was gone. All the electrics worked but refused to turn over. New battery soon sorted.

The battery seemed perfect all last week? I'll charge it or use a booster tomorrow and see if there's any difference. Thanks

Mk2 16V 1.2
Check the earth strap under the passenger front arch liner from gbox to chassis.
Thanks will have a look tomorrow after work. What exactly am I looking for? Just that it's connected?
I didn't go near it and the car didn't move between the time it was working perfect to now.. has me seriously confused..

Is there any immobiliser reset or anything that I should try?

RB Clio 182
Im not sure about immobiliser reset, but the earth strap will be a green strap that should be connected to your gearbox to chassis, they corrode and when they do the car wont start, this is the strap, it shouldnt be hanging like that lol.

IMG_2443.JPG

You could try putting a jump lead from your negative battery terminal to the engine, somewhere metal thats clean and unpainted, the car should start then if its an earthing problem.

Mk2 16V 1.2
Im not sure about immobiliser reset, but the earth strap will be a green strap that should be connected to your gearbox to chassis, they corrode and when they do the car wont start, this is the strap, it shouldnt be hanging like that lol.

View attachment 190947

You could try putting a jump lead from your negative battery terminal to the engine, somewhere metal thats clean and unpainted, the car should start then if its an earthing problem.

Thanks very much I'll try that tomorrow.

Any other ideas? I feel like it was something to do with the sub install (was perfect before it). Expected it was a fuse so I didn't think much of it.. gutted now!

Mk2 16V 1.2
To follow up - Because I hate when people don't follow up..

Charged my Clio for the day.. started it and no luck.. turned it off and back on.. starts! Been on the button since