ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

immobiliser problems AGAIN.

iceberg 172
having problems with the immobiliser again. Last week i put the key in and turned to start the engine turned over 2 or 3 time and stopped,looked at the immobiliser light and it was flashing, i went out to the car this morning to go to work put key in turned to start and nothing, the immobiliser light stayed on and it took me 30mins before the light finally went off. anyone shed any light on this?

can the immobiliser be taken off the ecu?
can a secondhand key pick up ring be recoded to another clio?

RenaultSport 172
This happened to my PH1 and I just rang the local auto lec and he came round and removed the immobiliser from the ECU. £250 job done

172 Race Car
Take your steering coloum covers off and check the connections on the decoder ring (around the ignition barrel) also make sure there isnt any dirt/crumbs/chewing gum wrappers under there

iceberg 172
Take your steering coloum covers off and check the connections on the decoder ring (around the ignition barrel) also make sure there isnt any dirt/crumbs/chewing gum wrappers under there

done this mate everything seems fine. dianostics read that there was a intermitent key reading fault.

RenaultSport 172
so it can be removed?

Yep the guy who done mine just took the ECU off sent it somewhere.
When he put it back in it starts first time everytime and from time to time the light still flashes constantly as if it shouldn't start, but does. :)