ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

immobiliser problems with explation video!

172 Clio Sport
Hey guys im havin this problem aswell. Ive noticed that it mostly happens when its cold. I dunno if this helps. I need to check the battery voltage maybe it drops when its cold.

Stupid immobilizer has been giving me grief for soo long.

Pete try cleaning your battery terminals, check your earth points, your fuses in ur engine bay. I believe there is also a fuse for the immobiliser at the fuse box inside the car, I forgot the location though.

172 Clio Sport
So what was the conlcusion to this?

Did a new key fix the problem??

Wanting to know as i am in a similar situation.

Thanks...

Monaco 172
oh...well yea i got a new key and its been fine since...touch wood.

however when i showed him the video he pondered and looked at the relays...which were coroded. took them out and put them back in, maybe if this was the fault they got cleaned going back in...not sure, but worth a try before spending 200 on a new key

Clio 1.5 DCI
Pete - everthing ok still? I've changed my TDC sensor and replaced those relays you mention but still have the same problem every now and then! Time for a new key?

im having this problem as well as replacing the clutch in my car , checked all connections , earths etc etc , what was the cure of this