ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

immobilized

182 & Porsche 986
I think my car is immobised after the battery went flat, the immobilizer light stays when on ignition but the car does not starts (tries to but cuts out..)
How is the immobilizer disabled? is it a garage job ? going to renault is the last thing i want to do.
Thanks.

Megane dci 130
Do you crank it and then it stops cranking its self?

If so lock and unlock the car and try again.

Turn the ignition on for 30 secs then off then try again.

Megane dci 130
I would imagine then that the injection computer is not being powered or the coded signal from the UCH is not being recieved.

recaro'd arctic 182
it could be the chip in your car key. do you have a spare key ? i had same problem with the wife's clio spent hundreds on this that and the other and turned out to be the chip in the key which cost £35. worth a try.

182 & Porsche 986
Thanks, theres someone looking at it tuesday whos suppose to be good a fixing things like this. :/

I tried the spare key, exactly same..

Pug 205 gti
I would imagine then that the injection computer is not being powered or the coded signal from the UCH is not being recieved.

Iv had the same problem. Mine was fine one day then the next it was dead. Ordered a new key, took the car into Renault to get coded. I went back an hour later an they said they couldnt get it to run because the injection computer is locked. So im kinda thinkin it'll need a new one, any chance you know how much they are buddy?