ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobilizer?

Clio 182
Hi guys,

I've got a Clio 182 and can't start my car this morning :dapprove:

The car unlocks alright but when I put my key in the ignition, I can't turn the key, it's locked?

I've tried it a few times and used my spare key and alarm blipper but no luck. It happened in a car park about 6 weeks ago but after a few unlocks/locks it was ok. Been trying for 10 minutes with no luck.

Any suggestions?

TeZ

Non RS : (
Yeah, that or had the smae prob as me, battery was actaully dying and was fooshing the immobilser...just put the key in and made a buzz sounds but you couldnnt start it everytime..Try a new battery, others may have other ideas

Clio 182
Cheers f0xy, I'm rocking and rolling again now after messing with the steering wheel.

Thanks TeZ I'll have to look at the battery. Thanks for the help guys

1.2 16v Dynamique.
battery? if its unlocking/locking the doors ok the battery must be ok. if the key wont turn when its in the ignition it could be a worn key or a dodgy ignition barrel. you have tried the spare key with the same result so maybe its the barrel.