ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobilser or ????

Clio Sport 172
Hi guys,

Right here we go.......my 02 172....

2 weeks ago driving home from work stopped to go to the shops, came back 15 mins later car wouldnt start...5 or 6 goes and it started...fine no probs since!!!

Today, went to Mcdonalds had food 30-40 mins later went to car went to start it and nothing...it turned over fine just wouldnt fire....tried for a bout 15 mins...nothing!!

Im thinking sensor or immobiliser??

Called AA 30 mins later the AA guy arrived and said show me the prob.
Put key in turned it and it turned over but not fire/start....
Put key to ingniton lights as instucted by AA guy, turn back off, turn ign lights on again hold it there then try and start from there and then it started....he recons its the immoblilser not having enough time to register .....he said put it to ign lights wait for small red light (alarm light) in centre of instrument cluster to go out then start it?????

Never had to do that before....anyway its happened twice tonight since the AA guy has been....my alarm light wont go out, all the other lights around it goes out just not this one!!!!

I gave it a couple of turns and keep locking/unlickng the doors couple of turns and it fires up......

Anyone had this prob,or any ideas?

Clio Sport 172
When the AA guy done it the light went out.....When it doesnt start for me I wait for the light to go out.. it does not!!!!

I just keep trying and then it starts....what could be wrong with the immobilser?

Could it be the key?

Clio Sport 172
Just went out to try and start it after reading a couple of thread on here about immob probs and starting probs....

Turnd key to ign lights and the red light goes out and no prob car start...earlier the red light would not go otu....

Must be intermitent fault with either key..ring in barrel or immob??

Just went out to try and start it after reading a couple of thread on here about immob probs and starting probs....

Turnd key to ign lights and the red light goes out and no prob car start...earlier the red light would not go otu....

Must be intermitent fault with either key..ring in barrel or immob??

Yep new barrel pickup most likly take both keys with you in future IMO and try then both but its most likly the rignt anew ones are only cheap and easy to change.

Clio Sport 172
I only have the 1 key....Had a price off Renault earlier for the ring decoder and its £58....how does that sound?