ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Impact of toe / tracking on steering weight

Clio
Hi,

I am using my Clio 182 again after having had it parked up for around six months. All is generally well however the steering does feel heavier than I remember.

When on the move, the initial range of movement is relatively light but as the front wheels are turned further the weighted resistance of the steering wheel increases significantly. It does still self centre fine on the move.

I thin the car is running slightly toe in on the front axle, and understand they should be set to zero degrees or slightly toe out. My question is will this minor difference in the front axle tracking affect the weight of the steering?

The car is also running 172 Cup Turinis which have a slightly bigger offset than the 182 Trophy Turinis. I don't know how much of an impact this would have?

Thanks,

Maybe you've just got used to driving something else in the last 6 months? My 182 always had heavyish steering compared to other cars.

monaco 172
Nah.

Camber could possibly alter the feel as there is less rubber touching the tarmac with alot of negative Camber