ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Import or not an import part du!

clio 172 ph2 02 reg
Hi guys, I have seen a 02 reg 172 with 33k on the clock for 7K (is this good ?) However I called the reno number in a simular thread and they told me it was an import from neatherlands, however the dealer tells me its a uk car, so wont budge on the price for that reason. Apart from actually getting the car and checking how else can I discover for deffo (although i think for sure the reno number i called tells me what I fear) Also will all imports not have an alarm and locking wheel nuts ?

7k is alot for an 02 car imho and far too much for an import id say 4k for an import

import will usually have had the alarm fitted and locking wheel nuts windows wont be etched tho

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
dailyd said:
Hi guys, I have seen a 02 reg 172 with 33k on the clock for 7K (is this good ?) However I called the reno number in a simular thread and they told me it was an import from neatherlands, however the dealer tells me its a uk car, so wont budge on the price for that reason. Apart from actually getting the car and checking how else can I discover for deffo (although i think for sure the reno number i called tells me what I fear) Also will all imports not have an alarm and locking wheel nuts ?

Get out there & buy one private, use your eyes view at least 2, so you can compare.
For 7K you should get a low mile 03 / 53 plater..............don't give the dealer your cash, keep it for yourself.

well i sold my import 02 plate for 6k 2 years ago so id say its not far off and as that point a non import was only 7k
and you can now get them for 5-6 then 4k isnt impossible

altho 33k is low mileage it doent increase its value imho

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Imports are easy to spot - check your oval plate decal on the drivers side B post. If it has a 0/ a \5/ or a \53/ its a UK car.....if it has anything else its an import. If it has these numbers and your still unsure contact the DVLA for a definite answer are just pm me the reg

Megane225FF
Also will all imports not have an alarm and locking wheel nuts

A lot of owners will put them on now...
7k's not bad, but keep looking round, there's plenty for sale..

there is a phase one for 4695 with 46k on it

there is a phase 2 for 5995 and thats just looking within 40 miles of me

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Imports, imports who cares..................just look at the poll on CS.

Me + 2 owners................imports all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

MK2 FRS
to be honest once the car is out of warranty wouldnt bother me whether it was an import or not.

Turbos.
thedoc said:
Also will all imports not have an alarm and locking wheel nuts

A lot of owners will put them on now...
7k's not bad, but keep looking round, there's plenty for sale..

Won't have the Renault alarm though which is integrated into the ol' key fob.

IIRC i think the imports don't have window etchings either?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
cliobuyer said:

Which has serious faults anyway......mine has Sigma that is intergrated into renault plip.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
cliobuyer said:

IIRC i think the imports don't have window etchings either?

I had a seperate alarm fitted on my import which is integrated into the original fob (no extra plip).

clio 172 ph2 02 reg
Thnaks for your comments guys, I like the car I looked at, nice colour too. As long as its got an alarm im not concerned about import or not, esp like you say with it being out of warranty already! On another note, should it have a multi changer do you know ? It didnt have cruise control I checked that.

g40steve said:
Get out there & buy one private, use your eyes view at least 2, so you can compare.
For 7K you should get a low mile 03 / 53 plater..............don't give the dealer your cash, keep it for yourself.

I would do that right away if I didnt have a current motor at the mo fella, tried selling her priv but no takers so far :(

ICE'dberg MK2 172
R20GRC said:
I had a seperate alarm fitted on my import which is integrated into the original fob (no extra plip).

Ditto^^^^

no window etching.... no Reno locking wheel nuts and I think the Reno alarm is a cobra. Favourite alarm for the import to work on the plip was the Toad A850i

Also I think Reno put the bonnet switch through the blue plastic on the slam panel .... aftermarkets find it easier to go through just the panel.

shouldn't wory tho' as there's nowt different anyway.

CLIO
BIG jts said:
Have a look at the log book and if it says engine number "not known" then its a aimport

mines an import and mine has the engine number on the log book!!!

cheers james