ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Importing a V6 to Australia

Hey there,

Firstly, how much does a decent 255 V6 cost in the Uk roughly?

Secondly, does anyone know someone who has brought one over here to Australia?

Any idea where I can start looking? There is only 1 in the whole country, it would be awesome to get hold of one.

If any one knows someone who could hook it up for me, so I can get an idea of price and set some goals, that would be great.

Cheers.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You can pick up a decent one for about 18k now, low miles and around an 03-53 plate. but a cracker will set you bak around the 20k mark...

It's one hell of a roadtrip! lol!!!

cock mobile.
Don't you drive on the wrong side in Aus? Maybe be better getting one of the continent that's a left hooker?

AJRMOTORSPORT said:
You can pick up a decent one for about 18k now, low miles and around an 03-53 plate. but a cracker will set you bak around the 20k mark...

It's one hell of a roadtrip! lol!!!

If you need someone to drive it over... ;) lol

How cool would that be though?!? :D

There are some RHD phase 2's in NZ (they were ~NZ$60k to order only) - I'm still thinking about importing a Trophy, looking at approx NZ$5k for shipping/rego plus 12.5% GST - not sure on Oz import duty though?

Matt

Clio V6 255BHP
portal172 said:
It's RHD here you ning nongs! ;)

New Zealand have the MK1, but I don't like them much.

Someone must know someone....

Hey portal172, whereabouts do you live in Oz, I am imigrating to Melbourne and thinking of taking my Looney car over there if I don't sell it. But I think I am looking at 6000 GBP minimum to do so. If you do know someone that has done so already I would be grateful if you could let me know.

Ph1 172 & others
portal172 said:
It's RHD here you ning nongs! ;)

New Zealand have the MK1, but I don't like them much.

Someone must know someone....

i met a guy in town the other day who has a V6255 over here in NZ. He got his from japan and cost NZ$4000 to import and get the thing on the road. Only problem is its called a lutecia in japan but a set of clio badges wont set you back too much

LOOOONY said:
Hey portal172, whereabouts do you live in Oz, I am imigrating to Melbourne and thinking of taking my Looney car over there if I don't sell it. But I think I am looking at 6000 GBP minimum to do so. If you do know someone that has done so already I would be grateful if you could let me know.

Oh man! Can I be your friend when you get down here?? :)

I live in Melbourne, I can get someone to help you export/import it here if you like?

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes we drive on the left here too.

Clio V6 255BHP
portal172 said:
Oh man! Can I be your friend when you get down here?? :)

I live in Melbourne, I can get someone to help you export/import it here if you like?

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes we drive on the left here too.

I will have no friends when I get there so the more the merrier!!!

My car is for sale here at the moment, but if nobody takes it I have to start making serious enquiries to renault alpine affair and the customs and excise victoria. looking to live around pakeham/berwick area. so I may call for your help if thats ok nearer the July august time. How long do you think the process takes from filling in the forms and getting the car to the UK docks?

Thanks
Ev

LOOOONY said:
I will have no friends when I get there so the more the merrier!!!

My car is for sale here at the moment, but if nobody takes it I have to start making serious enquiries to renault alpine affair and the customs and excise victoria. looking to live around pakeham/berwick area. so I may call for your help if thats ok nearer the July august time. How long do you think the process takes from filling in the forms and getting the car to the UK docks?

Thanks
Ev

Hard to say mate, glad to help though, yeh Renault Alpine would be your best bet.

Bring it down! You will be king of OZ! There are NO v6 255's in Australia, maybe 1 mk1.

www.ozrenaultsport.com

I'm sure you can find info on there.