ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Imports and servicing

Clio 182 FF & Cups

Hi, Im new to all this so bear with me. Just bought a new 172 sport from a car supermarket last week and I need some help on servicing as the guy I got it from wasnt that clued up. Does it need a service/check up after 1500 miles like all new citroen cars do? Will I have hassle getting serviced at my local main dealer with it been an import anyway? Is there any spec difference between a U.K. car and a R.H.D. import from france as my mates mk1 172 does feel a little quicker if Im honest. Sorry for all the questions but I hope someone can help, should have maybe researched the import thing better before I bought but at £11,500 OTR I couldnt resist:D

Hi im pissed so bear with me....! LOL

No even though itll fall apart, make strange noises and generally break. Reno dont care untill its done 12.000 miles.

U need to get it seviceed at a main dealer 2 get your year(or more) manufactures warrenty.

My car is at 8k (after 3months :eek:) it was an import and it runs like a bag of nails. i took it in for a few faults ( engine mounts(BIG TIME) and other rattles) but reno (BASINGSTOKE) could give a **** so i said id be back with a 172 - an engine and gearbox. Bas***ds.

No there is no spec difference, just no alarm amd yea mk1s are slightly quicker(less wieght and gearing)

<A>\\\\\Anywayt 11,500 is a VERY good price. bought mine in july and 12,100 all in was the cheapest in the country. P.s osrry for the typing is should really be down the pub.:(

at 11500, it might be new but like newcar discount chances are its a pre registered 03 plate, p.s. at 11850, motor provider are and were still the cheapest in the country, believe me, I did my research....

fewie_172

what you want to do is contact renault and send them a :-

1) Copy of V5

2) Copy of Dealers Stamp

3) Copy of Sales invoice

4) Copy of a bill with your address on it

I did this and got the three years warranty on mine - took 3 days. Renault sent me back a warranty booklet and letter confirming the extra year warranty....

Beats me why people still buy private cars from renault in the UK ?

mitch

Clio 182 FF & Cups

Will try that about the warranty, cheers. Bought it from motorhouse 2000 in Mansfeild, Their sreen price in £11699 now (see http://www.mh2k.comwww.mh2k.com) but with a bit off haggling got it down to £11500 cash price. It is pre registered with them first but only on the day you pick it up (they say that this is to get round rules governing trade prices as they buy in vast quantities, all cars have to be registered with the same company first or they get their wrist slapped) and its on a 53 plate. I highly recommend them but make sure you research first as they sell cars from lots of different manufacturers and are not too clued up on specific models.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Nice to see wackojacko filling you with confidence about your new motor!

You car will quicken with miles its just need to loosen up. MK1 will alway FEEL quicker they have a sharper torque curve so you get more of a kick in the back at max acceleration.

You shouldnt really have any problems with servicing just try and get all niggles sorted in the first year cos some dealers can be a pain after that.

Since you pay for servicing you will have not problem at all, the car from Europe are exactly the same except they have no alarn so get one fitted!!

I paid a little bit more for my import (tho i didnt get it from a car superamrket place) but had the benefits of being the first owner (not pre-reg), and it came with a 3 year warranty to begin with. What warrany did yours come with? I got my 172 over 3 months now, so kinda assumed that Renault were shipping 3 year as standard now with imports....maybe worth just checking that

I have had a little work done on mine (paint probs and couple of other niggles) and had no problem what so ever - my dealer was actually pretty good! *faint*