ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Impressive 0-60 & 0-100 results

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Stripped out the 16v and just been out for some time testing. Some very interesting results to say the least:

BEFORE STRIP OUT:

Temp: 11d

0 - 60mph = 7.15 seconds

0- 100mph = 18.6 seconds

AFTER STRIP OUT:

Temp: 17d

Attempt 1 - 0-60 = 7.03 seconds

Attempt 2 - 0-60 = 6.96 seconds

Attempt 3 - 0-60 = 6.80 seconds:eek:

Attempt 1 - 0-100 = 17.56 seconds

Attempt 2 - 0-100 = 16.99 seconds

Attempt 3 - 0-100 = 16.32 seconds:eek:

The times are recored by an accurate stopwatch using the speedo as the mph. I will allow 0.3seconds either way for error.

Still thats pretty good times for a standiish valver. I estimate 30kg was removed meaning spare,rearseats,parcel,all my excess crap in the back.

I need it professionaly timed now to be really accurate. May go and buy a professional timeing meter to test.

Overall very happy.:)

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Well its difficult to tell, but if you dont know my valver then you wont know its a quick one. Always has been from day 1.

The 7.1 was timed by AP22. And so was 18.6 to 100. (so not using the speedo.)

Jeez - how does your car compare with BenRs camd up Valver? as mine is about the same as that give or take, with me just pulling away at high speed.

Im sure youve got a dodgily low transmission loss, as its not making much more than standard is it? What was it at the wheels, mine was 128bhp.

Its fast Ben, too fast......

Mind you, my cams arent dialed in, they are on std pulleys.

Still, its a good un!

yup, i wanna have a peek inside but he wont let me lol.....

i bet we would find some cams as he says they come on came quite distinctively, if i remember correctly.

might check its not a 2ltr or something ;)

dont want to piss on anyones fire, but when my mate was sat in my car we did a 0-100 run, ap-22 and he sat there with his stopwatch, he got 15ish seconds, ap-22 said 17ish seconds so it can be WAY out, you should get it ap-22d cos from what ive heard yours is a quick one!

yup it can be HUGELY OUT. But even with an AP22, most people are more inclined to change a few sneaky figures to get slightly better readings.

you have to get teh setting on the AP22 so perfect to get a credible reading.

so i have been told Ben, i have tried to set it up as best as i can, the only thing that differs is the tilt factor cos my car has coilovers, i put in the data on the Cliosport Homepage and set the tilt factor to .09 i think and my times were 6.6secs 0-60 (consistently) and a best of 16.5 0-100, and a best of 14.7x 1/4 mile. i will try and run the AP-22 at york on monday and compare its times to yorks gear, should be quite interesting

williams engine and box, hill-power chip, de-cat straight through exhaust, modified air-box. it stays along side Adiclio16vs (matbrowns old one) whenever we have had a race and thats been timed 0-60 in 6.6 with proffesional timing equipment. it beats my mates highly moded corrado VR6 0-60(they do 0-60 in 6.4 as standard, work that out!?). not really had a chance to compare it to anything else yet, im pretty curious as to wether these figures are correct or not too but we will find out on monday i suppose!

but surely if the AP-22 is set up correct then the figures must be true?

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Mate; i personally can beileve ur 0-60 time as u can launch that thing in-front of a standard Valver to get a better 0-60 of around 1/2 a second due to coilovers and wider tyres.

Its the 0-100 that seems TOO good, if u accept that a standard Willy will do it in 20 secs. 4 seconds is a massive difference! Good luck to u on Monday though. Aiming for a late 15 my self; u hoping to get a late 14?

cheers mate, Adi said he got inthe 16s 0-100 on the AP-22 with the same engine, that was with 17" wheels and before the chip. he also ran a piperX IK and i run my standard air box with mods, also running 16s. i reckon we just wait and see on monday, although i wont be hitting a ton in 1/4 mile!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Well i realise that the figures may be out, but it gives me a rough indication of the cars ability. The car is definately quicker with it stripped out, as it also feels slightly quicker.

Ben when are you back so we can go do some testing? Ill try and get hold of a ap22 or something similar. Its all good fun!

Honestly the car is flying at the moment and its temperment in corners in so predictable it really is a joy to drive:D

lol....i need new tyres :sick:....rears are bold and they slide everywhere.

But i should be down sometime nxt week.

Im glad this thread is not in the main thread as someone would have come in by now and tried to shat on your figures Aaron. I just hope that if yours are that good then mine must be even better (!!).

Cant get near the 16s in my Williams. Using a tilt factor of .11 and with CooperS Boy as a passenger I managed to get 18.5 seconds twice on a very flat and very smooth piece of road. That was with the car totally standard. Out of interest I changed the tilt setting to 0.5 and did a couple of 0-60 runs and it knocked 1/2 a second off (normally get about 7.6 due to the change to 3rd before 60mph).

Rhys

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 22 May 2003

Im glad this thread is not in the main thread as someone would have come in by now and tried to shat on your figures Aaron. I just hope that if yours are that good then mine must be even better (!!).
I know mate. Cliosport is overrun with 172 & cup owners now, not that its a bad thing, far from it but 172 owners dont seem to like a car 10 years older doing 0-60 similar times or 0-100. Thats why i kept it in here where there seems to be more valvers etc. lol

If i put that in discussion forum it could have been very messy indeed.

I know my 16v isnt the norm and people who dont know it will think im talking out of my arse with these times, but i think they are very close either way. Ill clarify these times with a approved timing device. Then i will be certain. I may be disappointed or i may be very happy we will wait and see, either way the main point is its quicker with the strip out i know that for sure.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 22 May 2003

Cant get near the 16s in my Williams. Using a tilt factor of .11 and with CooperS Boy as a passenger I managed to get 18.5 seconds twice on a very flat and very smooth piece of road. That was with the car totally standard. Out of interest I changed the tilt setting to 0.5 and did a couple of 0-60 runs and it knocked 1/2 a second off (normally get about 7.6 due to the change to 3rd before 60mph).

Rhys

Yeah the 3rd gear change in the willy is a shame and thats what lets the 0-60 down, before i stripped it out had a race with my mates willy in a straight line and he didnt get past till 100, that was off a standing start, i was actually ahead 0-60.

Rhys the kew is not to have a passenger, the whole thing is about these cars is the weight. more wieght as you know slows the car down not so much in the willy as to the 16v but enough i think to make a visable difference on paper.

You trying to say Im a fat b*****d Aaron?? Outside now!!!;)

The Cooper S gets praised for its handling in car mags 95% of the time and it does deserve it. However after a spin in Rhyss Williams I can honestly say that it handled just as well if not better than mine.

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 22 May 2003

Rhys the kew is not to have a passenger, the whole thing is about these cars is the weight. more wieght as you know slows the car down not so much in the willy as to the 16v but enough i think to make a visable difference on paper.
I like to time with a passenger because I seem to remember seeing something about manufacturers taking their timing with something like a half tank of petrol, a passenger and 20kg of luggage. If I can manage 18.5 to 100mph with passenger then I know the car is doing alright and its a pretty honest figure, if you know what i mean.

Having said that, Ill go back to the same piece of road in the next few days and try it with just myself...

Rhys

Nippy white cup

Funny how people say that the cups 80kgs weight reduction makes no difference to performance, yet here 30kgs obviously does.

Not trying to start any fights but people talk about racing one up but 80kgs is about 13 stone, so a std 172 is always one up:p

:confused:

Weight makes a lot of difference in the 16v - probably more than with a 172/Willy/Cup - because the power & torque is all in the high revs. Its not "slow" below 4,500rpm, but its one of the earlier performance 16v engine designs where if you want to make maximum progress you have to rev the nuts off it. The effect of a passenger in a 16v is very noticeable. Having the car full of people drastically reduces perfromance.

clio 20v

yeh 3up in the 1800 slows it down really badly the willy engine is still a quick car with 3 up it doesnt notice the weight half as much

mine was timed with proper timing equip when mat had it and it did 6.6 to 60 17.1 to 100 and a 15.0 sec quarter mile

ive not had a proper play with the ap22 yet but got 6.6 more or less straight away witha tilt of .11 and even with the chip it wont do 60 in second bouncing it off the limiter in second it just records up to 50

you can get very diff results tho changing the tilt factor nothing else seems to make a differance

adi