ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Impressive mpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Thought I'd see what Mpg I could achieve by sticking to 70 on the motorway on my daily commute. Over 372 miles, got just over 41mpg! I normally average 34-5.
Boring, but I'm happy.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i did that before in my 182 too. got boring driving home at 3am at 70mph though.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
aye it does get a little boring remember doing that to cornwall lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Certainly wouldn't do it for every journey, but for the work commute it makes sense. Especially doing 25k miles a year.

BMW F21 125d
I've done 41mpg in my 182 also on a run, and that was without trying too hard really. Cruise set at 80mph.

Megane R26
197 only does 34MPG @ 70 :(

Silly fart tard that it is.

My Fiesta ST used to happily do 43/44 at 70 too.

RB 200 Cup!
im gonna give this eco driving a go s petrol costs per month are too much lol

182's love the right pedal too much ;)

Nippy white cup
My Cup is amazing on fuel...not sure if its the map or the fact it is stripped but on a recent blast over the Evo triangle with Jamie and Jesus I filled up before we left and although there was 80mph motorway driving there and back (scattered with me getting a roasting by the 3 up S/C 172!) when we were on the back roads it was flat out for the most part and got back with an average of 37.8 mpg. I will test it at 70mph when I get it back out but I reckon it will be about 50 or so...of course on track it is 11 but I guess thats to be expected lol

Chris

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Starting an MPG thread?

Warren, you've just lost cool points :dapprove:

Sorry dan. Would you prefer seperate mpg threads for the different models?
(rofl at cool points. I'm a married optician. Difficult to get less cool tbh.)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
My trip computer always over reads. I get between 35-39. On the run chris mentions I got 32 over the course of the tank.

Clio Sport 172 ITB
Used to average about 47mpg on the motorway, general driving i got around 33mpg.

Dont wanna know what it is now :)

on the way to germany last month i did 257 miles on half a tank ben! i was shocked to say the least!!!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Ben, duuude, I figured you had bodies on the way but would love to see the car. You on msn?

Clio 172 Exclusive
Mine is currently showing 40mpg, most of that is on A roads (60mph limit), about 120-130 miles a week. But I do a lot of town driving too, usually drops a bit on that.

As a reference though, I used to spend £35-40 a fortnight on a full tank for my old 1.2, but realistically only driving 3 times a week. Now driving the same amount of time, but filling up once a week, and only spending about another £7 a tank, and with Super Unleaded. So pretty happy in that regard :) Hoping it may improve further once I get rid of the Viper Induction kit.

Last edited: