ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

improve my power, if its worth it.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

ok, before i start, ill not be buying a 172/182 so not much point telling me to do so, as far as a solution - as its just not going to happen anytime soon. So just putting the feelers out there to see about options.

so apart from that what would be the best starting point to try and drag anything more out of my 1.6 16v mk2 ph2 car ?

i know that induction is pointless for that as far as open kit goes, so what else (if any) are my options ?

will a zorst do much ?

any ideas... apart from cutting a hole in the footplate for my feet to reach the road.

[Edited by the_ferret on 06 September 2005 at 5:39am]

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

Superchips do a chip for the 1.6 16V that gives you an extra 8BHP. you could put a pannel filter in the standard air box. a cat bypass pipe. cat back zorst too if you wanteD?

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by Martin_89 on 06 September 2005

Superchips do a chip for the 1.6 16V that gives you an extra 8BHP. you could put a pannel filter in the standard air box. a cat bypass pipe. cat back zorst too if you wanteD?
is the chip a remap one ?

after looking at the panel filters in various catalogues i couldnt see one for the 1.6 (2005) model... does anyone have any recommendations on panel filters for this ?

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Martin_89 on 06 September 2005

A standard superchip wouldnt even get 8bhp from a 182 let alone a 1.6. Dont beleive everything on the box.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

how about some more driving lessons to get you some skills to pay the bills.

i bet spending the same on training that you would on a superchip would get you more than 8bbp.

junk the interior,spare wheel,arch liners etc. take the underseal off (repaint and waxoyl),never putting in more than 1/4 tank of petrol will increase your power to weight ratio.

Personally Id say no tunning just isnt cost effective realy a bigger engine or a new car is better value.

You wont get 8hp from a chip though unless you have a load of other stuff done to the engine (ie cams).

IK (closed with a cold air intake) and/or an exhaust will make some more power but its not a load more.

Coilovers or other suspension work will make you quicker than much more spent on engine tunning bits.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

thanks edde.. thats really what i thought, im not getting a new car its just not what i want to do, i was just trying to squeeze something out of this one.

im looking at a new exhaust and possibly a closed IK but the zorst seems likely to be the next item just to help it out.

/matt