ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

improving bhp

clio 1.4 16v
i have added a k&n 57i induction kit and an echo tech valve to my 1.4 16v clio how can i get more bhp out of my engine any mods i can add to do this ???

i wouldnt expect to get too much out of it, the ecoteck valve made no diference on my car and the noise it produced made me throw it in the bin, engine conversion is the way forward ;)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
i have added a k&n 57i induction kit and an echo tech valve to my 1.4 16v clio how can i get more bhp out of my engine any mods i can add to do this ???

The 57i will lose you power due to it being an open filter (sucking in hot air ) all it will do is sound better and the less said about the ecotec valve the better .

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
how can you get more power? start by taking them off lol.

seriously tho, as said above by mr bognor, the K&N 57i is an open filter which will suck in hot air and loose you power, especially in summer. most think they gain them power because of the noise but when they go back to standard airbox/filter they feel its faster.

to get more power...
put your standard airbox back on with a pannel filter of your choice (K&N, Pipercross and ITG do them to name a few, around £30)
get a custom cat back stainless steel exhaust on the car with a decat or if you cant be bothered with mot trouble then a sports cat, but expect to pay arround £400 for a catback with sports cat)
then get the ECU remaped to take the mods into account

you can do a lot more than that but it all starts to get rather expensive and not worth it

172 FF
cant you put an inlet off a laguna or summat to get a very small bhp increase ??

i also got a cold air induction kit way way better than a cone filter,
also a cat back custom exhaust made a slight increase

Lionel Richie
remove both of those mods, put a proper airfilter on it, decat it, add cams an have it remapped "HELLO 130bhp"

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
cant you put an inlet off a laguna or summat to get a very small bhp increase ??

i also got a cold air induction kit way way better than a cone filter,
also a cat back custom exhaust made a slight increase

The laguna throttle body works on the mk1 but not sure about mk2s

172 FF
anyone know where you can get a good sports cat quite cheap?
( i say cheap i know sports cat cost loads more than decats but i have heard loads of stories of people having road side emmisions checks)